cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AlanS_IBM
New Member - Level 1

Trying to zero balance my account

The second leg of my flight was cancelled due a line of storms forcing me to rent a car.  I was refund by the airline most recently.  I am trying to apply the charge back to an approved expense report which itself has a negative balance.  When I try to apply the refund in my subsequent expense report, referencing the closed/approved expense report,  I get this error when I hit "Submit":  "This expense report does not have enough card transactions to offset the credit(s). Hold the credit(s) until you have sufficient card transactions."

Thank you in advance.

1 REPLY 1
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@AlanS_IBM if your expense report is approved, you cannot make any edits to it. Also, you said you get an error when you try to submit, but you cannot submit an already approved report. You mentioned trying to apply the refund in your subsequent report referencing the closed/approved report. What do you mean be this? 

As far as the message you see, that tells me the total amount of your report is less than zero or negative. You cannot submit a negative amount report. You will need to wait until you incur more business expenses. Once you do, add those expenses to this report. Once you have added enough expenses to get the amount to zero or above zero, you will be able to submit the report. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.