cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Roberhoh
Occasional Member - Level 1

Travel to and from work

Hello, I have been working for Amazon for a year and a half and this is the first I'm hearing of this website/application/community and I have a burning question. I drive roughly 30 or so miles to and from work every day so am I able to be reimbursed for those miles traveled. Does anybody know if I can or cannot? Thanks in advance! -Robert.

1 Solution
Solution
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Roberhoh welcome to this community. Your question is a good question. Unfortunately, we don't have access to Amazon's policies regarding whether their employees are able to submit their commute to and from work for reimbursement. 

I can say from experience that a lot of company's do not reimburse employees for their commute. I suggest speaking with your direct manager to see it is allowed or not since your direct manager would be the first person to approve such expenses. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Solution
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Roberhoh welcome to this community. Your question is a good question. Unfortunately, we don't have access to Amazon's policies regarding whether their employees are able to submit their commute to and from work for reimbursement. 

I can say from experience that a lot of company's do not reimburse employees for their commute. I suggest speaking with your direct manager to see it is allowed or not since your direct manager would be the first person to approve such expenses. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
Roberhoh
Occasional Member - Level 1

Hey Kevin, unfortunately you were indeed correct. Amazon does not reimburse mileage to and from work as it is meant to be an "included and calculated cost." Kind of uncool but it is what it is. Thanks for your help!