cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
shreekarra
Occasional Member - Level 2

Travel reimbursement - actuals meal

Hi,

Some employees in our company have a different policy for meal reimbursement. They can submit their actual expenses for breakfast, lunch and dinner each day. I would like the system to allow them to enter the amount of their expenses in the same table as the allowance, but without a predefined limit. This way, they can claim their actuals without any hassle.

2 Solutions
Solution
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@shreekarra if you are asking if these employees can enter their meal amounts on the Itinerary/Meal Allowances screen, that isn't possible. However, they can bypass the Travel Allowance screen and enter these meals on their report. When they create a new report, they should be asked if they want to report Travel Allowances, they can simply select No, then skip to the report. All others would select Yes on the Report Header screen when asked if they want to report Travel Allowances.

You would just need to educate these users on what to do and then educate all others not to use the Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner expense types.

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.

View solution in original post

Solution
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@shreekarra we used to have something similar to what you are asking for, but the usage was so low, we removed it when updated our UI.

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Solution
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@shreekarra if you are asking if these employees can enter their meal amounts on the Itinerary/Meal Allowances screen, that isn't possible. However, they can bypass the Travel Allowance screen and enter these meals on their report. When they create a new report, they should be asked if they want to report Travel Allowances, they can simply select No, then skip to the report. All others would select Yes on the Report Header screen when asked if they want to report Travel Allowances.

You would just need to educate these users on what to do and then educate all others not to use the Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner expense types.

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
shreekarra

Hey @KevinD thanks for your quick reply. I understand the bypassing of Travel Allowance screen for actual expenses capture. I think I should rephrase my question.

I mean to ask if the actual expenses in the designated screen could be configured to give the same experience as the Travel Allowance screen (i.e., some sought of grid style entry for a number of expenses to capture in a single go; assume a Date/Expense Type/Purpose/Amount/Attachment link, etc. columns to it).

Just thinking to make the UX more friendly to our users. Is that possible?

Solution
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@shreekarra we used to have something similar to what you are asking for, but the usage was so low, we removed it when updated our UI.

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
shreekarra

Can we do something similar now?