cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vmeyer3
Occasional Member - Level 1

Travel card expense correction

It looks like this is our only way to get help/support so here goes. I will be grateful if someone can help me. I was mistakenly charged a night's lodging for a work trip. The credit for that expense just came through, so no money is owed. Do I still need to do an expense report to report both the expense and the credit? If yes, I tried to do that, but I don't have receipts and I can't appropriately itemize because it was never a true expense. As a result, I can't submit the report until those "flagged" items are addressed.  I've gone back and forth with this, but I am unable to find a way around the alerts/flagged items. I'm hoping the answer is that I don't have to submit a report, but I have a sense that I still do. If that's the case, I need someone to walk me through how to do it. Thank you!

2 REPLIES 2
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@vmeyer3 because they will zero each other out, instead of using the Hotel expense type (which requires itemization), choose a different expense type. Maybe your company has Miscellaneous or something else. 

As for the receipt, you might be able to use the missing receipt affidavit or write up an explanation of the situation in a word doc, screenshot it or save the word doc as a pdf and attach that as the receipt. Also, use the comment field on the entries to provide an explanation.

See if that works for you. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
vmeyer3
Occasional Member - Level 1

Thanks! I am giving it a try!