cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ExpenseReporter
Occasional Member - Level 2

Travel Pre-Trip Approval Request disappeared

I created a Pre-Trip Approval Request for an Airfare. The Request was then approved. To my Expense Report for the period in which the travel took place, I added the Request. For the specific Airfare expense in that report, I chose the Request in question in the drop-down menu of the entry field 'Request'. Then I closed the Request. The Expense Report is still not submitted since it is for a period which has not yet ended. In other words, I closed the Request before the Expense Report was submitted or approved. After closing the Request, it has disappeared from the report. The entry field 'Request' doesn't appear in the Airfare expense. Other Pre-Trip Approval Requests linked to previous reports can still be seen as linked to specific reports and expenses, but before I have only closed my Requests after approval of the reports to which they were linked. Is it really necessary to wait with closing Requests until the associated report is submitted or approved? It seems to me that it should be good enough to have all the expenses which are approved in the Request entered into a report before closing the Request. Also, how may I fix the issue, getting the Request linked to my report again? 

1 Solution
Solution
ExpenseReporter

OK, so I got some contact details for a Concur Administrator within my company. Thanks! Hoping they can re-open my closed Request so that it may be linked to my Expense Report once again. I guess that I have also learned never again to close a Request until the Expense Report to which it is linked, has been approved. However, this issue is clearly a shortcoming of the Concur system. Once all the expenses mentioned in a Pre-Trip Approval Request have been posted to an Expense Report and have all been marked as linked to that Request, that should be it. It should be possible to close the Request without having it disappear from the Report. The way that it seems to work, isn't logical, it doesn't make sense 🙄

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
leedau
SAP Concur Employee
SAP Concur Employee

@ExpenseReporter Thanks for posting in the SAP Concur Community. In order for you to proceed, the Request will need to be re-opened by a Request Administrator within your company. I can send you a Private Message with someone that you can contact for assistance. 

Thank you,
Lee-Anne Dautovic
SAP Concur Community Moderator
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
ExpenseReporter

Thank you for reply. Please send me a private message with information on who's my Request Administrator. 👍

Solution
ExpenseReporter

OK, so I got some contact details for a Concur Administrator within my company. Thanks! Hoping they can re-open my closed Request so that it may be linked to my Expense Report once again. I guess that I have also learned never again to close a Request until the Expense Report to which it is linked, has been approved. However, this issue is clearly a shortcoming of the Concur system. Once all the expenses mentioned in a Pre-Trip Approval Request have been posted to an Expense Report and have all been marked as linked to that Request, that should be it. It should be possible to close the Request without having it disappear from the Report. The way that it seems to work, isn't logical, it doesn't make sense 🙄

martinea
Occasional Member - Level 1