cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TerryDickerson
Occasional Member - Level 1

Travel Expense Itinerary Departure Error?

Hey gang,

I'm really having a hard time with this. I'm trying to input my expense report, but several of the entries kick back an error that says, "This entry cannot be submitted until a Travel Allowance Itinerary is created." OK, cool. I click the Travel Allowance button and select "Add Travel Allowance to bring up the Travel Allowance Window.  I enter the appropriate departure/arrival locations, dates and times. When I click the Next button, however, I get an error message that says I must change the departure time to be later than the arrival time.  Huh? (See attachment.) How can the departure time be later than the arrival time? Am I doing something wrong? Please advise.

image.png

2 REPLIES 2
Andras
SAP Concur Employee
SAP Concur Employee

Hi @TerryDickerson , here is a basic troubleshooting for this issue:

To resolve error "This entry cannot be submitted until a Travel allowance itinerary is created", follow steps listed below:

For Legacy UI:

1. Login to Concur
  2. Open Expense report
  3. Click on Details > Available Itineraries
  4. Click on Assigned Itinerary
  5. Click Edit
  6. Change date of last itinerary leg to match expense transaction date
  7. Click Save

For New UI:

1. Login to Concur
  2. Open Expense Report
  3. Click Travel Allowance > Add Travel Allowance
  4. Fill in necessary information to reflect the trip details
  5. Click Next
  6. Review the travel allowance details then click Finish

Cause

1. Incorrect date on manually added expense
  2. If expense is credit card transaction, last leg of trip must be changed to match transaction date
  3. Use Actual expenses and checkbox "Travel Allowance" ticked, needs add one itinerary which match this entry line before submitting

Additional information

This error may also be returned if a Hotel Deposit is trying to be expensed under an expense type that is linked to Lodging.  Because the deposit date generally is before the trip date this will generate an error.  User would need to select an expense type that is not linked to Lodging in order to submit the deposit expense.

But the issue can be also related to the specific settings of your company, I would  recommend reaching to your company's admin in case basic troubleshooting did not help.

Please let me know about the results.

Best wishes,

Andras
SAP Concur

Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.

TerryDickerson
Occasional Member - Level 1

Hello Andras,

Thank you for your prompt reply.  I got through the first part of your answer, but the departure time error remains. I still have the problem with the Departure Location time error message (see attached). Why would the system require a departure time that is equal to, or later than, the arrival date?

Regards,

-terry-

Concur Travel Allowance Itinerary Error.jpg