Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
travelexpexpert
Super User
Super User

Tip (as in paying a tip at a restaurant) - how to handle in Expense

Hello,

I tried to search for an answer, but as you know, the word 'tip' or 'tips' have at least one double meaning 🙂 So I get a lot of 'Tips & Tricks'.

If you can link me to the right place, please do. 

In Sweden, it seems they pay tips all the time. What is the smartest way to configure Concur expense to help the user?

We don't see any other way than to either itemize the receipt and use an expense type or submit a  separate expense line if the tip is paid separately, e.g. with cash.

Maybe one of you has come up with a better way of tweaking Concur expense.

Ole

1 Solution
Solution
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@travelexpexpert in my opinion, it might be easiest to just have a Tips expense type created. That way they can just have a new entry when they pay the tip in cash.

Is there a requirement in Sweden to break out the tip? If not, then no need to itemize the entry. I have seen some companies add a field for tips, so they can easily see what amount of the total entered is for tip.

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Solution
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@travelexpexpert in my opinion, it might be easiest to just have a Tips expense type created. That way they can just have a new entry when they pay the tip in cash.

Is there a requirement in Sweden to break out the tip? If not, then no need to itemize the entry. I have seen some companies add a field for tips, so they can easily see what amount of the total entered is for tip.

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.