cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Liam_B
Occasional Member - Level 2

Temporary Expense Delegate Approval Emails

Scenario:

• User A is the expense approver for Team A.
  • User B is an expense approver for a different team.
  • User A is taking a vacation. In his absence, User B will handle expense approval tasks for Team A as User A's delegate.
    • User A adds User B as an expense delegate, checks the box for "Can Approve Temporary", and enters the start and end dates of his vacation.
  • User B wants to receive approval emails for Team X, but only for the period of User A's vacation.
    • There is no apparent temporary approval email option.
    • If User A does not check the box for "Receives Approval Emails" for the User B delegation, we assume that User B will not receive any approval emails for Team A.
      • Is this correct?
    • If User A checks the box for "Receives Approval Emails" for User B, we know that User B will continue to receive approval emails for Team A until the box is manually unchecked.

I would think it a common requirement for delegated approval notifications to be sent to temporary delegates only during the period of delegation. How can we accomplish this?

5 REPLIES 5
TriciaW
SAP Concur Employee
SAP Concur Employee

@Liam_B Hello.  In answer to your question:

• If User A does not check the box for "Receives Approval Emails" for the User B delegation, we assume that User B will not receive any approval emails for Team A.
    • Is this correct?  Yes, this is correct.  Both the "Receives Approval Emails" and "Can Approve Temporary" must be checked in order to receive the email notifications.

Remember to tag me if you respond or feel free to mark this post as Solved if you don't have further questions or comments. To tag me on your response, you click the Reply button, first thing to type is @. This should bring up the username of the person you are replying to.

Thank you,
Tricia Whipps
SAP Concur Community Moderator
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Liam_B I looked this up in our knowledge base. The notification that a report is pending the delegate's approval stops after the temporary approval time has expired. Only permanent delegates will continue to receive these emails.

So, all you need to do is let the temporary approval time period elapse. 🙂

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
Liam_B

Hi Kevin,

Our experience is not consistent with what you describe. Our user Marjorie (User B in my previous scenario) received an email notification this morning (May 1, 2024) delegated from user Dean (User A) for a report from Cheralyn (member of Team A).

Liam_B_0-1714606004828.png

When I accessed Dean's record in User Administration, I found that his delegation to Marjorie was temporary, with an end date of 8/18/2023.

Liam_B_1-1714606012449.png

Am I missing something?

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Liam_B I found that if the Can Preview for Approver is checked, they will still receive the emails. This option is not tied to the Can Approve Temporary option.

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Liam_B

Thanks, Kevin. We just tested and found this to be true.

This functionality is not intuitive based on the UI. Can you describe the exact functionality of "Can Preview for Approver" and its intended use case?