cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Elke_Rehberg
Occasional Member - Level 2

TMC Invoices - Lodge Card Transactions - Expense Report - Posting Process

Hi,

I am looking for a company that is working globally or at least have many countries in EMEA, using Lodge  Card / BTA Cards to pay for Airfare and Agency Fee.
I am interested to see the process other companies have set up.

• Do Travelers get the Card Transactions into Concur
  • Do they have to create an expense report and attach the TMC Invoice
  • How does the posting / financial process look like.

Looking forward to finding someone to discuss this topic.

Best regards

3 REPLIES 3
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Elke_Rehberg I can address two of your points based on what I've seen our customers do. I would also recommend posting this in the Admin Group. If you are not yet a member, go to the group and use the Request to Join option. 

• Do Travelers get the Card Transactions into Concur - No, the transactions would not appear in the individual's available expenses. However, the travel reservation items would.
  • Do they have to create an expense report and attach the TMC Invoice - Not unless you want them to for tracking purposes. I have seen some companies require the travel reservation items be added to their report and marked with payment type Company Paid.
  • How does the posting / financial process look like. This I'm not sure of. That is why I recommend posting in the Admin Group.

I think there are some companies who assign the lodge card to one employee and have them reconcile those expenses. You could ask your SAP Concur Client Success Manager about this to see if they can provide some insight.

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
Jurma
Occasional Member - Level 1

Hello, 

It sounds interesting that some companies do not push lodge card transactions to employee profiles. I'm curious how they assign expenses to the correct cost center.

Elke_Rehberg
Occasional Member - Level 2

Hello,

we have done that in the past as well. Accounts payable has downloaded the CSV File with all Transactions from the Lodge Card Portal. With that file they have allocated the cost to the correct cost centers. Easy for the traveler, but the traveler has never approved that they have booked that trip, the manager has not approved these expenses and if there were issues like duplicates, we would not have seen them.