cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KimH
Occasional Member - Level 1

Surnames with an apostrophe

Hi, how do I set up a new user who has an apostrophe in their surname?

The system won't let me save as it says error in field as the email address uses the apostrophe also.

Help!

1 Solution
Solution
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@KimH I believe you need to remove the apostrophe from the email address. I just looked up a colleague who has an apostrophe in her last name. Her email address is set up without the apostrophe.

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
DeanR
Frequent Member - Level 1

Have you checked that their email address actually has the apostrophe?  It's usually bad practice as a some email systems have issues with processing email addresses with apostrophes.  We have a number of staff with apostrophes in their name but it is dropped from their email address.

In Concur you can have an apostrophe in the Name fields.

Solution
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@KimH I believe you need to remove the apostrophe from the email address. I just looked up a colleague who has an apostrophe in her last name. Her email address is set up without the apostrophe.

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.