cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dbetti
Routine Member - Level 1

Sponsored Guest Expenses with SSO Enabled

Hi.  My company occasionally has non-employees who need expense reimbursement.  It's not all the time, but often enough that we need a process.  I tried starting the Sponsored Guest functionality, but it doesn't seem to work with my company's mandatory SSO.  Sponsored Guest seems like the perfect solution for us, but I can't imagine we're unable to use it because we have SSO.  There has to be a way without providing these guests access to everything available in our SSO world.  Has anyone else dealt with this before?  Any other solutions?  Thanks!

5 REPLIES 5
leedau
SAP Concur Employee
SAP Concur Employee

@dbetti Thank you for posting. This question is address on page 18 of the Sponsored Guest Travel Service Guide. The recommendation that you can still create profiles for sponsored guest users but would
need to ensure that arrangers and delegates are assigned to manage the
various processes in-product on behalf of those users.

I look forward to reading the creative suggestions from other SAP Concur Community members. 

Remember to tag me if you respond or feel free to mark this post as Solved if you don't have further questions or comments. To tag me on your response, you click the Reply button, first thing to type is @. This should bring up the username of the person you are replying to.

Thank you,
Lee-Anne Dautovic
SAP Concur Community Moderator
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
dbetti
Routine Member - Level 1

Thanks @leedau.  

So using this logic, I'd still manually create the non-employee in Concur, assign an employee delegate, and then the delegate will need to submit the expense report for them, correct?  That seems logical, but leaves the question about how their personal banking and payment info would be entered into the system.  

leedau
SAP Concur Employee
SAP Concur Employee

@dbetti Thank you for the follow up post. This will be a challenge, as a delegate or proxy can generally not update banking information. Have you had a discussion with your SSO team to see if they have a proposed solution? They may have ideas around how this should be managed according to your company's security/authentication policies to allow guests to authenticate into SAP Concur.

Remember to tag me if you respond or feel free to mark this post as Solved if you don't have further questions or comments. To tag me on your response, you click the Reply button, first thing to type is @. This should bring up the username of the person you are replying to.

Thank you,
Lee-Anne Dautovic
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
dbetti
Routine Member - Level 1

Hi @leedau.

I have discussed this with my security team and we cannot allow non-employees into our SSO system, nor is there a workaround for these rare instances.  Is it just assumed then that checks are mailed for sponsored guests being processed via delegate?  My Concur system requires banking info prior to submitting your first expense report.  How can we get past that?  Thanks. 

leedau
SAP Concur Employee
SAP Concur Employee

@dbetti  Thanks for following up. I don't see any other options at this time, as this is something you would need to work through with your Security team. However, I am reaching out internally to see if there would be any alternate options/recommendations. 

I will revert back. 

Thank you,
Lee-Anne Dautovic