cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JHeath22
Occasional Member - Level 2

Split hotel charge between two expense reports

Hi,

My boss booked a hotel and has told me to charge half of the anoint to one expense report and the other half to another expense report. 

How do I go about doing this?

Thanks 

3 REPLIES 3
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@JHeath22 this depends...how did you pay for the expense? On a company card or a personal card? If on a company card, does your company import your card expenses? If so, then unless you told the hotel to split the charge into two transactions, you won't be able to split the charge between two reports. 

If you paid on a personal card, then no problem. Create an Out of Pocket/Cash expense for Hotel on one report putting in half the amount. Do the same thing on a whole separate report. You'll likely only have one receipt, but you as long as you have the receipt image saved on your computer or device, you can attach the same image to two different entries, even if they are on two different reports.

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
JHeath22
Occasional Member - Level 2

Thanks for this Kevin. He paid for it on his corporate card, so understood I won't be able to split that but good to know with any personal charges going forward, can be split.

Thank you! 

jvita
Occasional Member - Level 3

Sounds like they're trying to work around a policy.