cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jdavidson
Occasional Member - Level 1

Set variable Date Range Prompt in scheduled Intelligence Report

Hello, I use an Intelligence Report built in Cognos 11 which has a Date Range prompt (Posted Date from X to Y).  When I manually pull the report, I manually specify the date range each time.  I would like to schedule the report so is it possible to preset a variable date range?  For example, Posted Date from [today-10 days] to [today-3 days].  I'd appreciate any instructions for creating this type of date range prompt.  Thank you

1 Solution
Solution
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@jdavidson hello there. I love giving people good news and I have some for you. Do get what you want, you need to create an expression. Here is an example:

[Posted Date] between _add_days (current_date, -10) and current_date

This expression will look at today's date and go back 10 days. So, just change 10 to whatever amount of days you want it to go back. So, each day you run this report will pull data from today's date and go back the specified number of days.

Give this a try and let me know if it works for you. Do you know how to use the Expression Editor to build a filter?

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Solution
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@jdavidson hello there. I love giving people good news and I have some for you. Do get what you want, you need to create an expression. Here is an example:

[Posted Date] between _add_days (current_date, -10) and current_date

This expression will look at today's date and go back 10 days. So, just change 10 to whatever amount of days you want it to go back. So, each day you run this report will pull data from today's date and go back the specified number of days.

Give this a try and let me know if it works for you. Do you know how to use the Expression Editor to build a filter?

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
jdavidson

Thank you @KevinD, great news!  I've played with building filters just a bit, so if you can share instructions for using the Expression Editor (or direct me to a good resource) that would be much appreciated.  I'd like to learn how to do it correctly.

jdavidson

Hi again @KevinD.  I'm working on this today and found filtering instructions with Expression Editor in the Intelligence Training Manual beginning on page 129.  Is that the best resource?

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@jdavidson yes. Well, the best resource would be someone from our reporting team, but the training manual is the next best resource. LOL.

If you have any issues, let me know. Might be better to do it through private messages so we don't have a long conversational thread. That is if you end up need some guidance.

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey