Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JigneshK
Super User
Super User

Separation of business - Concur

Hi all, @KevinD 

Reaching out to you for some guidance in case of De-merger of the business.

Business requirements - Company decided to separation of the business B  from A, and company B want to use SAP Concur what the users are currently using Global Concur of the company A. after Separation of the business  B will be separate company legal entity and there should be separate Concur instance for it. They want to "Split" the SAP Concur in A and B.

Can you please help me on the below questions?

1.In this case of a de-merger, how to split existing Concur system into 2 separate systems? Is this possible to split?

2. Or there is no way to split it , it must be a new/greenfield implementation for the New Company?

3. Any service available from Concur on this? or Any documentation/literature/whitepaper available on this?

4. As per my understanding, we can clone the system exactly the same configuration for Company B?

Please advise what is the easy or best way to fulfill the requirement here?

Thanks for your support

Regards,

Jignesh

2 REPLIES 2
JigneshK
Super User
Super User

@KevinD  any thought/ feedback on this? please advise

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@JigneshK Let me first ask, what is the reason this company wants to split? Does Company B have different business needs, different cost centers, different rules they need? I'm asking because there are ways to configure the site to allow for different rules and requirements. Meaning, there can be receipt requirements, audit rules, expense limits, expense types, etc. that can be applied/available only to Company B while Company A has all its own rules and requirements, but all users sign in to the same site.  If Company B wants to completely separate, then see my responses below in red.

1.In this case of a de-merger, how to split existing Concur system into 2 separate systems? Is this possible to split? Company B would need to get its own instance of SAP Concur. All users of Company B would need new profiles in the Company B instance and new usernames/log in IDs. 

2. Or there is no way to split it , it must be a new/greenfield implementation for the New Company? It would be a new implementation. 

3. Any service available from Concur on this? or Any documentation/literature/whitepaper available on this? Company B would basically be considered a new customer if they want to have their own instance of SAP Concur. Best thing to do would be to consult with whomever is Company A's SAP Concur account manager. 

4. As per my understanding, we can clone the system exactly the same configuration for Company B? Yes, I believe you can clone Company A's site. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.