cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kellirich
Occasional Member - Level 2

Sending Back Expense Items -- Further Questions

Hello, 

We are considering using the feature that will allow us to send back select expense items from a report instead of the whole report, but we have some questions regarding this process. 

First -- We understand that sending back the items will create a new report which will add to our total. -- However, if for example, we send back 3 items during our report review -- Will this create 3 new reports? Or will all 3 be included on 1 Addendum Report?

Second -- Is there a way to limit this capability to "Approved and in Accounting Review" status only? We do not want managers the ability to do this-- only our final accounting review. 

Thank you so much for your help! 

1 Solution
Solution
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@kellirich good questions. See my responses in red.

First -- We understand that sending back the items will create a new report which will add to our total. -- However, if for example, we send back 3 items during our report review -- Will this create 3 new reports? Or will all 3 be included on 1 Addendum Report? If multiple items on a report are selected to be sent back, they will all be added to the same addendum report.

Second -- Is there a way to limit this capability to "Approved and in Accounting Review" status only? We do not want managers the ability to do this-- only our final accounting review. From what I see, this is possible since it is a field you can make visible or not. You would need to add this field to all the expense forms you are using and set it as Hidden for the Employee and Approver roles. If you do not have full site access, SAP Concur would need to do this for you.

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Solution
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@kellirich good questions. See my responses in red.

First -- We understand that sending back the items will create a new report which will add to our total. -- However, if for example, we send back 3 items during our report review -- Will this create 3 new reports? Or will all 3 be included on 1 Addendum Report? If multiple items on a report are selected to be sent back, they will all be added to the same addendum report.

Second -- Is there a way to limit this capability to "Approved and in Accounting Review" status only? We do not want managers the ability to do this-- only our final accounting review. From what I see, this is possible since it is a field you can make visible or not. You would need to add this field to all the expense forms you are using and set it as Hidden for the Employee and Approver roles. If you do not have full site access, SAP Concur would need to do this for you.

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
accountingmp
Occasional Member - Level 1

Hi Kevin!

Can you please post or link step by step instructions on how to return multiple line items in an expense report. The only thing I'm finding is how to to send back one line item or the whole report.

kellirich
Occasional Member - Level 2

@KevinD

This is perfect! Thank you so much for all your help! 

Kelli Rich

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@kellirich anytime. It's kinda what I do here. LOL. 

Also, thank you for marking it as the solution. That helps others more easily find answers. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey