cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LH499
Occasional Member - Level 1

Selecting Expense Type deletes comment

Hello,

Any idea why selecting an "Expense type" from the drop down menu would clear the "Comments" field?  This seems to only happen when editing a new expense that doesn't have an expense type.  I entered text into the Comments field then realize I did not select an "Expense type".  When I select the "Expense type", the screen refreshes and clears any text that was entered into the Comments field.  

Any help/tips with this would be appreciated.

2 REPLIES 2
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@LH499 are you doing this on the Web version or mobile app? If on the web, when you click the Add button to create a new expense, are you using an item from the Available Expense tab or clicking the Create New Expense tab?

If you are using the Create New Expense tab, you must choose an expense type, so I'm not sure how you could have an expense entry without an expense type. Can you walk me through the steps you are taking, please?

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
LH499
Occasional Member - Level 1

I am using the Web version.  The issue is not the expense type.  I was just outlining the steps I took.  It's the "Comments" field that gets erased (or goes empty) after I select an expense type.