Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jyotesh519
Super User
Super User

Rounding settings in Concur.

Hi All,

We see that System is doing rounding of decimals based on the amount. I am unable to find the settings were the rounding rule is activated. Could you please let us know the navigation to access these settings. My assumption is that this is a Technical settings which would have been turned on by TC. But i want to be sure if there is any way this can be controlled from Functional side.

Example:

If the report total is 152302.8 VND, we see that Concur is doing Rounding to 152303 VND.

Just to update, i have unrestricted access to Concur. So i can Verify the Configuration if you share me the navigation setting. 

Could you please assist ASAP.

Regards,

Jyotesh   

11 REPLIES 11
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@jyotesh519 I'm asking a colleague about this. Is this happening for out of pocket expenses or for corporate card charges? 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@jyotesh519 my colleague said he's not aware of any such feature. However, he did a little investigating and the currency VND doesn't use decimal places, so the system would round that up. Did you see this happen with other currencies or just VND?

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.

Hi @KevinD Thanks for the reply. I have not checked if that is happening for the other currencies or not. I just gave an example for VND currency. So is that mean the behavior is same for all the currencies with 0 decimal places (Eg. JPY, IDR, TWD).

Regarding the payment type. As of now we see the rounding happening in Credit card transactions. But i will certainly check again in for Out of Pocket and confirm.

Regards,

Jyotesh

Hi @KevinD @jyotesh519 in another system we need the rounding decimals in IDR and it's not happening

Hi @grodriguezproje When you say another system, which system are you referring too. Could you please clarify?

@grodriguezproje My expertise is only with SAP Concur products, so anything related to issues in other systems, I won't be able to help. Hopefully @jyotesh519 has some experience with what you are asking.

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
grodriguezproje
Super User
Super User

Hi @jyotesh519  with system i mean client, so apparently, not all the clients are receiving this rounding configuration, in the other hand in SAP JAM in the following link Indonesia (ID) (sapjam.com) you can see this information i'm attaching here in this message, and also now there it's not needed a badi implementation, this can be set up directly in SAP to drop the decimals and let FI do the posting

grodriguezproje_0-1661323759015.png

Hi @grodriguezproje Did you add the currency code in Deviating currencies in CTE_SETUP while setting up your Financial Posting.

If you need a standard conversion for IDR, add the currency to the Deviating Currencies list. To do so, on the Setting Up the Integration with SAP Concur screen, choose Financial Posting

or Invoice and select Deviating Currencies. The SAP system will then automatically round the amount according to the SAP system setup settings in table TCURX - Decimal Places in Currencies. If no entry exists for the currency in table TCURX, the amounts are automatically rounded to two decimal places.

The standard rounding is performed on entry level whereas the net amount is calculated from the rounded gross amount minus the sum of all rounded tax amounts. As a consequence, the sum of all rounded gross amounts might differ from the document's total amount.

If the currently implemented standard rounding method does not suit your needs, you can implement your own logic using the following BAdI implementations:

• BADI_CTE_FIN_POST_ROUNDING - for expense reports and cash advances (financial posting).

This applies for all the below currencies.

JPY

KWD

IDR

TWD

VND etc.

Please let me know further.

Hi @jyotesh519 i'm asking to see the rounding directly in SAP Concur for IDR currency a client has JPY in their system and the decimals are being automatically rounded in Concur, so they want the same in IDR, but according with the information in SAP Jam it's not possible to set up this feature from the functional area, or do you know hot to perform this within Concur (not talking about SAP ERP)?

Hi @grodriguezproje Its not possible Customize decimal places of currency within SAP Concur. Please refer the attached KBA for your reference.

jyotesh519_0-1661360174532.png

Thank you @jyotesh519 this is the information that i also get from SAP Jam