cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Saikat
Occasional Member - Level 2

Restricting users to submit only one expense report per month

Hi All,

Is there any audit rule to restrict users submitting only one expense report per month?

1 Solution
Solution
rohanpatil
Super User
Super User

Hi @Saikat ,

I have not done this before but took a look at the available documentation and inspiration from what @KevinD and @Snell  suggested earlier.

1. Add Report start and end dates to the report header and make it mandatory. Make sure you use the standard start and end date fields and not custom fields named in this way.
  2. Instruct employees to put start date as the first day of the month and end date as the last day of that month. You can check this either at manager approval or accounting review step.
  3. Setup audit rule with condition Dates Overlap Another Report

rohanpatil_0-1690478375025.png

Best regards,

Rohan

View solution in original post

16 REPLIES 16
Snell
Occasional Member - Level 3

Saikat, I believe you need to add in Claim period dates in the claim header and then possibly use an Audit rule against these.

i.e. Period Start, Period End in the claim Header. 

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Saikat exactly what @Snell said. You need custom fields to put in the dates of the expense reporting period then create the audit rule on those fields.

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
Saikat

Hi Kevin,

What you and @Snell saying I understand that, I have seen same solution earlier in this community. But I have some doubt in that. Like we put the audit rule where report start date and end date should have a certain difference, but every month different different end dates. Like if we assume for Feb we put a logic Start date should be End date+27 days in that case also if some user is creating expense reports in January and creating expense reports in consecutive dates  , i.e. one report with Jan 1 start and next with Jan 2 start date. In this case will this logic work? 

Saikat

Dear All,

Can you please help me resolve this. I tried some rules but nothing seems to be working. I added "Start Date" and "End Date" fields in the report. But then cannot figure what the rule should be. 

Solution
rohanpatil
Super User
Super User

Hi @Saikat ,

I have not done this before but took a look at the available documentation and inspiration from what @KevinD and @Snell  suggested earlier.

1. Add Report start and end dates to the report header and make it mandatory. Make sure you use the standard start and end date fields and not custom fields named in this way.
  2. Instruct employees to put start date as the first day of the month and end date as the last day of that month. You can check this either at manager approval or accounting review step.
  3. Setup audit rule with condition Dates Overlap Another Report

rohanpatil_0-1690478375025.png

Best regards,

Rohan

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Saikat this post may be helpful to you as well: https://community.concur.com/t5/Concur-Expense/Restricting-1-claim-a-month/m-p/55422#M24011.

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
Saikat

Hi Kevin and Rohan, Thank you so much for your help.  I will check if this is working.

Saikat

Hi @KevinD @rohanpatil I am facing a problem after activating this rule. Now whatever report I am submitting getting the error that I cant submit more than one report  a month. I have deleted all previous reports and created a new still having issue.

Saikat

This is my audit rule

Saikat_0-1690622372329.png

This is how I am submitting new report

Saikat_1-1690622415188.png

Hi @Saikat 

Had a thought. Hence sharing. I suspect that if user has existing claims without any value for the report start and end dates, this may affect the rule; as system is considering them to be the one report for all valid durations. I would suggest trying once by setting up a brand new user for the purpose of testing.

Best regards,
Rohan

Saikat

Hi ,

Now I am seeing the error everytime, even if I deactivate the rule and submit any report wit any date getting this error. 

rohanpatil
Super User
Super User

Hi @Saikat ,

Sorry. Without access to your system, I am afraid I cannot be of further help on the topic. May I suggest creating a Concur support case whilst waiting to see if @KevinD can access the system for you and advise.

One thing that I can think of, is to check the trigger event that you chose for the audit rule. Even after you deactivate an audit rule, you need the event (say submit) again for the rule conditions to be evaluated again and the error message to be removed/ updated.

Best regards,
Rohan

Saikat

Hi @rohanpatil ,

This is actually a new site I am implementing till now I don't have access to raise SAP case yet. Is anything can be done via call or something? I actually deleted the start and end date and then I dont see the exception in everything but this rule not working in that case

Hi @Saikat 

That caught me a bit off guard as usually we do not have questions from the consulting team setting up a new site 🙂

Whilst I can try to help, it will be a lot easier if someone from Concur can step in here. @KevinD Is there a Concur resource that can help Saikat here?

Best regards,
Rohan

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Saikat please send me a private message with the entity ID you are implementing and or the company name you are working with.That way I can go in and look at you rule and test it myself.

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
Saikat

Hi Kevin,

Thanks for the help issue now resolved.