cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cmakai
Routine Member - Level 3

Reservations showing as charge transactions - System settings change?

I have a Transaction details report which is currently bringing in transactions as cash or Payment type = JP Morgan card, but when I look at the some of the card transactions there is no MCC detail. After digging, I found they are "reservations" and not actual charges. I've reached out to my reporting consultant on this who says there's a data item called "From Card" I'd have to add and filter to "Yes", but since I have soooo many variations of this report, she suggested that I make a change at the system level.  I think she mentioned them pre-populating as cash, but I don't want them to show up at all, as to me it's not a transaction until the charge comes through. 

cmakai_0-1726689179893.png

@KevinD 

Any suggestions? 

3 REPLIES 3
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@cmakai if you have unrestricted site access, you can stop the reservations from flowing to Expense. If you do not have full site access, then you will need to submit a help ticket to Concur Support and have them change this for you. It requires going into Policies and making a change there.

I just checked your permissions and it does look like you have the permissions to do this. Below are the steps. On the Travel Reservation Type Mapping, probably best to just set all segments to None.

1. Go to Administration > Expense > Expense Admin > Policies
  2. Select the expense policy you want to configure 
  3. Click Expense Types
  4. Click Travel Reservation Type Mapping and then:
  • Select the desired Expense Type that will represent each of the travel segments
  • Select None to disable the flow of trip segments for that particular type
  1. Click Save
  2. Click Done

Thank you,
Kevin
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
cmakai
Routine Member - Level 3

Thanks @KevinD  I just turned all the Hotel Folio mapping to None because I had the itemizations on hotel folios being mapped to "Undefined", which was causing user confusion. After reading through all the documentation it looks like it's because many vendors don't have the technology (SemanticCode). 

BUT I feel like there was a reason we set up this mapping for the Travel reservations. Was it just to help the users?  Removing the mapping won't cause any matching issues or anything, right? It will just create more manual work for the user? 

This is like a double edged sword here...

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@cmakai I can only guess it was set up to help users by auto-assigning expense types to travel segments. With these changes, the trip segments will no longer come into Available Expenses and match to card transactions, but e-receipts should still come in and match. At least, I believe they should. 

Hard to say if this will cause confusing or more work. If trip segments are no longer coming in, then users wouldn't see the alert you provided in the screenshot which I think would cause confusion. Seems like this will be better for users.

Now, users might see card transactions for Air, Car and Hotel come in as undefined, but the system will remember the expense type the user chooses for those transactions going forward. 

Thank you,
Kevin
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.