cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
HZDA
Occasional Member - Level 2

Reporting Assistance - Who created/entered the expense claim

Hi - Is it possible to add into a report who created/ entered the expenses in the intial instance?

If so does anyone know the field name or where it may be held?

Thanks in advance

2 REPLIES 2
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

So, there are a few people that can create expenses on a report, the employee themselves, delegates and anyone who has the Proxy role. Now, an employee can have multiple delegates, so it is possible that a number of people could create an expense entry on a report. The way I read your post, that's what I understood your question to be. Can you show in reporting who created the line item entries. 

Well, as far as I know, this cannot be reported on. I know you can see if a delegate created an expense report, but I've never seen or heard that seeing who actually created each entry on the report is possible. I wish I had a better answer for you. 

Now, one possibility for being able to do this is to create a custom field that appears on each expense entry form labeled Created By. You can make this field Required or Optional and it would most likely be a free-form field where users can type in the name of the person who created the entry. I would probably recommend making it optional since most people create their own expenses, so this could be used in the instances where a delegate created the expenses. It would just have to be something you train all your delegates to do. This custom field could then be reported on in Cognos. 

I hope this helps. 

Kevin

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
HZDA
Occasional Member - Level 2

Thank you Kevin - Thats  been very useful