cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
HarishC
Occasional Member - Level 2

Report total in Foreign Currency to Default USD Currency

Hey Folks, I have a scenario below:

A user submits an expense report in INR currency and the Manager/Approver is located in US who is unaware of the actual report total in USD since the employee is from India and the report total is obv in INR.

Is there a way where the Approver can see the report total in default USD currency so that he is aware of the actual total? 

Since all of our Executive Admins are in US and sometimes they are feared or unaware of the Report total which is in Foreign currency.

This is only for the purpose of viewing and it shouldn't affect the accounting and payment process. 

1 Solution
Solution
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@HarishC you will not be able to see the converted amount by viewing the expense report itself. Cognos is your only option. All managers should have access to view reports in Cognos. Those with approval permissions in Concur Expense automatically are considered BI Managers in Cognos, which allows for running reports. So, if someone at your company builds a report to show foreign currencies converted to USD and saves that report in the Public Folders area of Cognos, then any manager can go in and run that report. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Munari_alEXPert
Super User
Super User

dear @HarishC 

I'm not aware is yet an available feature into Concur, but it could be interesting and valuable to add it, mainly as this value already exist in Cognos reporting (as company reporting currency). Did you also ask to your Concur account manager?

So in Cognos you have:

• Expense amount by local currency;
  • Expense amount by reimbursement currency;
  • Equivalent expense amount by Company reporting currency.

@KevinD, the community manager, might give more insights.

At the moment I would only suggest expense approvers to divide the total amount by about 75

(1 USD= 74,30 INR) OR dividing the amount by 100 and multiply it by 1.35. 

Kind Regards

Alessandro Munari
HarishC

Appreciate your valuable suggestions and i did check with the AM but unfortunately they don't have that option and but i feel we can add that to the expense report iteslf.

Yes, the value in Cognos reporting currency would be ideal but the approvers don't have access to extract the report in Cognos. So i was wondering if we could pull up that data in the expense report itself so that the approvers or delegate approvers can see the report total in local/foreign currency and RPT Currency before approving the report. 

Solution
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@HarishC you will not be able to see the converted amount by viewing the expense report itself. Cognos is your only option. All managers should have access to view reports in Cognos. Those with approval permissions in Concur Expense automatically are considered BI Managers in Cognos, which allows for running reports. So, if someone at your company builds a report to show foreign currencies converted to USD and saves that report in the Public Folders area of Cognos, then any manager can go in and run that report. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
HarishC

Agreed @KevinD, this could be an interim solution to ease out the issue. But I would be glad if you could consider this as an enhancement request in Concur to bring up this option in future where in the approvers can view the report in Company RPT currency before approving it 🙂

@Munari_alEXPert Thank you 🙂

@KevinD Thanks again and hope you had a wonderful time off. 

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@HarishC Through the Support portal, you can submit a Solution Suggestion for enhancement ideas. 🙂

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey