cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
chloerossman
Occasional Member - Level 2

Report Processed With No Banking Information on File

We have had a few new Concur Expense users submit expense reports without entering their banking information. Their expense reports went through the full approval workflow and were exported into our financial system (Great Plains). Several months later, these individuals came back to us asking where their payment was. We discovered that they did not have any banking information on file and as such, their approved & extracted expense report essentially went nowhere. It was not put it in any holding queue waiting to process payment nor was there any alert that there was a 'failed' payment in the system. 

I reached out to our Concur rep and they said there are no standard reports available to identify individuals with NO banking information on file. Nor is there any way to identify these expense reports that have gone into limbo (fully approved, but not paid as there is no banking info on file).  These would be custom, paid reports. 

Has anyone come across something similar? Or does anyone have any recommendations on how to identify your Concur users with no banking information on file? 

Thanks in advance! 

1 Solution
Solution
PoojaKumatkar
Routine Member - Level 2

Hi @chloerossman ,

This is related to Expense Pay. Unfortunately, I don't have any client who use expense pay hence I won't be able to give you exact audit rule. However, I have taken a reference of Concur standard document and suggesting to try creating below audit rule and test.

Role required - Expense Configuration Administrator (unrestricted)

Go to audit rules

1. Click New

Audit rule name - Bank information not available

Event - Report submit

Active - Yes

Click Next

2. Add below Conditions: 

Employee: Bank Account Number = Blank

And

Employee: Bank Name = Blank

And 

Employee: Bank Account is Active = No

Click Next

3. Add below exception details:

Exception Code = NOBINFO

Exception level = 99

Exception message: Write your own message (ex. You are not allowed submit your expense report without adding bank information. Please go to profile settings and update your bank information)

Click Done

Below is the sample screenshot I have added from document, you can add above given conditions as shown below in screenshot and create audit rule.

PoojaKumatkar_0-1721282646701.png

Testing:

To validate this, you can take any test profile which doesn't have bank information updated in profile and try submitting expense report and check whether this audit rule is getting triggered or not.

Hope this would help.

Thanks!
Regards,
Pooja

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
PoojaKumatkar
Routine Member - Level 2

Hi @chloerossman ,

May I know where you are capturing banking information? like in expense report or in employee profile etc. (if you could provide a screenshot then that will be helpful)

If we are capturing bank information in expense report or in employee profile, then we can write a audit rule where we can check if bank information is available or not. And if it is not available then restrict user while submitting an expense report. 

Also, with the expense processor access, we can build a custom query where we can check whether report has bank information or not and get a list of same report before expense report is getting fully approved or before getting extracted.

Thanks!
Regards,
Pooja
chloerossman

Hi! We are having individuals add their bank information via Profile Settings -> Bank Information. 

An audit rule where we can check if bank information is available and then restricting individuals from submitting an expense report is the exact solution we are looking for. Are you able to assist me with this? THANK YOU!

Solution
PoojaKumatkar
Routine Member - Level 2

Hi @chloerossman ,

This is related to Expense Pay. Unfortunately, I don't have any client who use expense pay hence I won't be able to give you exact audit rule. However, I have taken a reference of Concur standard document and suggesting to try creating below audit rule and test.

Role required - Expense Configuration Administrator (unrestricted)

Go to audit rules

1. Click New

Audit rule name - Bank information not available

Event - Report submit

Active - Yes

Click Next

2. Add below Conditions: 

Employee: Bank Account Number = Blank

And

Employee: Bank Name = Blank

And 

Employee: Bank Account is Active = No

Click Next

3. Add below exception details:

Exception Code = NOBINFO

Exception level = 99

Exception message: Write your own message (ex. You are not allowed submit your expense report without adding bank information. Please go to profile settings and update your bank information)

Click Done

Below is the sample screenshot I have added from document, you can add above given conditions as shown below in screenshot and create audit rule.

PoojaKumatkar_0-1721282646701.png

Testing:

To validate this, you can take any test profile which doesn't have bank information updated in profile and try submitting expense report and check whether this audit rule is getting triggered or not.

Hope this would help.

Thanks!
Regards,
Pooja
chloerossman

THANK YOU! It turns out we did have this existing audit rule but it was applied to an incorrect user group. A Concur rep was able to assist me in fixing & testing this. 

@chloerossman these audit rules are already created and are provided out of the box. Your site already has these rules active. It is possible that the users affected are not part of a group that these rules apply to. See my screenshot below showing your site has these rules active. I would check the audit rules to see which groups they are applied to, then check the user profiles to see which group the users are assigned to make sure there is a match. My guess is the users are in a group that the rules aren't applied to. I took the screenshot directly from your site. No need to create the rules.

KevinD_0-1721321646581.png

Thank you,
Kevin
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
MSteele
Routine Member - Level 2

My company also uses Expense Pay.  However, we have a hard stop error message that prevents an employee from even submitting a report unless their banking information is entered and verified.  This was done as a part of our initial set up with Concur.  I couldn't find anywhere in my Admin where I could change this, so I'm thinking you might want to contact Concur customer service to turn this setting on.

Nancyagfa
Super User
Super User

As an admin, you should have access to the Company Admin Tools and there is a way to monitor Payees.   if you want to have the names of all without bank accounts, failed accounts, etc, you can find them.  Use the % sign for the names and then select no bank info from the drop down to get the list.  

Nancyagfa_0-1721669272844.png

Nancy Murray
Agfa