cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Torsten
Occasional Member - Level 2

Renaming "Overnight allowance" in "Overnight" in NextGen UI leads to overpayments

Hello all,

In NextUI, the "Overnight allowance" is called "Overnight" or in German "Übernachtungspauschale" is called "Übernachtung”. Because the designation in the NextUI is no longer clear, users activate the checkbox even if they have stayed overnight in a hotel.  This leads to overpayments. It is therefore imperative that the designations be changed back to " Overnight allowance " or "Übernachtungpauschale". In response to an SAP Concur ticket, we received the answer that the designations in the NextUI cannot be renamed. Is this really the case?

Best regards

Torsten

Torsten_0-1666105936141.png

Torsten_1-1666105956035.png

9 REPLIES 9
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Torsten I am fairly certain the response you received is accurate. Unless other customers come forward with the same issue, this will stay as is. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
Torsten

@KevinD 

Hello Kevin,
thanks for your response.

In fact, I'm surprised that I can't find any other posts on the subject here in the community.

We have a massive problem with this and I don't think that the term is only misleading for our employees 😉

I hope that other community members will read this article and confirm it.

A renaming to the previous, unambiguous name should not be a big deal for Concur.

Best regards,

Torsten

CaJu
Occasional Member - Level 3

@KevinD  What is the reason to take away the feature to translate texts in NextGen UI? This is one step forward and two steps back ....

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@CaJu I'm not exactly sure what you mean? Users can change the default language of the product. Also, Site Admins can use the Localization option for translating. 

Are you referring to something else? 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
CaJu
Occasional Member - Level 3

Hi @Kevin ,

regading

"...Also, Site Admins can use the Localization option for translating. "....

I know this was possible before switching to NextGen (UI & TA) however since the change no texts are being found anymore in the translation area...

Please show us where to change "Übernachtung" into "Übernachtungspauschale". That would help us a lot....

According to support (Case 19540197) this is not possible anymore.

Torsten

Hi @CaJu , @KevinD,

We have found a solution (with a small flaw).

The column headings for the adjustments can already be changed today (see below).

-> However, only in one language <-

The possibility to translate these changes should come in Q1 next year.

Admin -> Expense -> Travel Allowance Configuration -> Configuration Codes -> Field Control -> Lodging Type

Torsten_1-1666359275103.pngTorsten_2-1666359294623.png

Best regards,

Torsten

SirJ_BE
New Member - Level 1

Hi @Torsten ,

Did you manage to rename the field using this feature? I added a custom name but the change does not reflect in the UI. Thanks.

Torsten

Hi @SirJ_BE,

You can now rename the field names separately for each language using "Custom Localization".

Torsten_0-1710857077366.png

BR,

Torsten

dr_dumi
Occasional Member - Level 1

Hi All,

I currently have approximately the same situation in Sweden. English language is not a barrier here, but the Overnight naming is often ambiguous for some of the users, as many thinks it refers to a normal 24h accommodation and ticks the option while creating the travel allowance. I really hope there is a way to change this Overnight label into something else, like private accommodation or something, otherwise it increases the processing times for some of the reports.

dr_dumi_0-1678793859104.png