cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
karain
New Member - Level 1

Removing automatic itemisation on non Canadian hotel expenses

Hi, does anyone know how I can disable automatic itemsations for hotel expenses?

When Concur tries to itemize per night charge & hotel tax, it is unable to capture the full amount and I'm wasting time having to manually fix it. We don't care for this information and only want to capture the invoice total. Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@karain the auto-itemization occurs from these two sources:

1. ExpenseIt is used to capture the receipt

2. The user has turned on E-receipts, but this only applies if you are using Concur Travel, which it doesn't look like your site is. 

Are you using ExpenseIt for receipt capture? 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@karain I see you are on the Standard version of SAP Concur. 

One workaround that might work (you would need to test) is:

Create a new expense type and name it something like Lodging or Accommodations. You can name it Hotel, but you would need to change the name of the current active Hotel expense type. We recommend something like z-DoNotUseHotel. Keep the original name, but add z-DoNotUse. Deactivate the expense type.

For the new expense type, do not use the Lodging - Track Hotel Spending Category. Maybe use Other . There is a Lodging category that does not say Track Hotel Spending, that might work too. 

Give it a test and see if that works. Let me know how it goes. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.