cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MeggieC
SAP Concur, Former Employee

Reimbursing non-employees through Concur Expense

Does anyone use Concur to reimburse non-employees (interviewed candidate reimbursements)?

This question comes from our LinkedIn group.

17 REPLIES 17
dkenned1
Occasional Member - Level 1

Yes, Notre Dame reimburses people outside the University via Concur.  We have a Non-ND Guest/Visitor policy setup for those reimbursments and the process finishes with a check getting processed via our Banner ERP system.

Diane

Shari_Fischer

Hi Diane - do you setup the candidate as new vendors in your ERP system?  And do you go through a vendor approval process?

May I ask if you are referencing the Professional Concur Platform or the Standard Concur Platform?  We have the same challenge, however we are on the Standard Platform.  We are linked to NetSuite ERP, these users are set up as vendors.

Paula Courtemanche

Finance Project & Process Manager

Polygon US Corporation

Thank you.

I am also curious as to how you have this setup. My company has a similar use case -- right now employees are entering in the non-employee information into custom fields with a custom field that indicates a non-employee report and then I have to extract that from the export file and import into accounting system for payment.

Rowena2007
Occasional Member - Level 2

Hello Diane,

I wonder if we can connect so I can pick your brain on how your process works. We are looking to do something similar here at discover. 

Can you please email me at rowenafroegel@discover.com?

Thank you!

dworth
Routine Member - Level 1

After your brains have been picked like a Maryland crab, please share the info here.

Thanks!!

Darryl Worth
American Society of Hematology
zluna
Occasional Member - Level 3

Hi Diana,

I am going thru a similar business requirement while in implementation. My question would be on how you create the non ND profiles in concur. Does your HR team create the profile of the candidate in concur, under your Non ND Guest Policy manually? or does the record gets created via a 305 import based on some filter applied to your HR system?

Regards,

Zluna

conmait

Hi Zluna, 

We're looking into creating Concur profiles for candidates and curious if you have automated creating the profiles instead of having a recruiter manually set up the profile. Any insights are appreciated. 

Thank you kindly,

Marisol 

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@conmait are these candidates people that are interviewing for positions? What is the purpose for candidates having a profile? 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
conmait

Thank you for your reply, Kevin. Yes, these would be for candidates who are traveling for an interview. We will be in Workday Recruiting later this year and are looking to see how we can automate the candidate profile to have them book travel (company paid up front) and for them to submit an expense report for any incidentals for reimbursement. The thought is if we can feed basic candidate information from Workday to Concur to create the profile then they would login to complete their personal information, banking details, etc. Right now we will plan to have a recruiter coordinator manually create the profile. If they get hired or not we would include in our process to deactivate their account after travel and reimbursement is complete. If hired, then they would get an employee account as part of onboarding - separate process. Hope this background helps. I appreciate any insights you can share. Thank you.

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@conmait I know our customers connect their HR/ERP systems to SAP Concur, but I'm not sure exactly how that all works. I suggest reaching out to your SAP Concur Client Success Manager and ask them. They should be able to get you in touch with someone who could better explain this. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
conmait

Thanks for the guidance, Kevin. Our Concur expert has reached out to her SAP Concur contact to set up a call. Thank you!

My2lilgrls

I have this same question.  We have Board of Directors that we recently created profiles for and they will be reimbursed via Concur.  They will book airfare through Concur as well. 

JcaraballoBWF

At my company, we frequently host meetings where non-staff incur expenses they need to be reimbursed for.  Some meetings might have only 10 non-staff, while our largest meetings might have around 75 non-staff reimbursements.  This summer we upgraded from Standard to Professional so that we can use the Sponsored Guest features.  Wow, what a learning curve.

This has not been a quick project as we continue to encounter situations where only Concur Support has the permissions to make adjustments to some of the settings in Concur.  We are still working out the kinks, but I'm happy to answer any questions about our experience so far. 

The two items Support is helping us set up currently are 1) Hierarchies (we did not use these previously) so that non-staff go through an extra review/approval person that staff reports do not go through, and 2) Seeing if we can get the Non-Staff fields in the User Profile screen available on the import spreadsheet template. 

If anyone has experience with those two items, I would love to hear.

Jennifer Caraballo

Burroughs Wellcome Fund

@JcaraballoBWF you might consider taking our Advanced Configuration training. This would give you full access to your site as far as configuring and then alleviate the need to go through Concur Support. If you want to get information on this training, send an email to: training@concur.com. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
JcaraballoBWF

@KevinD   Thanks! I presume you are referring to the Associate and Professional Certification processes.  I have started working through the materials for the Associate level, but as you are aware, that is not a quick, overnight process.  If there is something different that you're referring to, I am eager to hear about that.

@JcaraballoBWF I'm not sure if the Professional Certification will get you the access I was referring to, but I know for sure the Advanced Configuration will. Just email: training@concur.com. They will be able to provide you more information. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey