cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rhlight
Occasional Member - Level 1

Refund in expense but no way to resolve

I had an exam scheduled but had to postpone.  I wasn't able to reschedule so they refunded my fee ($75).  I now have the refund on my American Express card but no charge to offset it with as the original charge was in a prior month.  I tried to create a report with the negative amount to resolve but I am unable to submit a report for less than zero.  How do I fix?

3 REPLIES 3
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@rhlight all you can do is wait until you incur some other charges on your corporate card that will total more than $75. Once you do that, add the refund to that report. 

The nice thing is, it is a refund and doesn't affect your card statement negatively. 🙂

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
rhlight
Occasional Member - Level 1

Thanks for the reply.  That all makes sense, but I have no pending charges coming up as I don't travel frequently.  Now my manager and myself are getting notices that I have expenses unresolved that are going to be outside my company's policy for unsubmitted expenses.    

JcaraballoBWF
Occasional Member - Level 2

@rhlight  We had a similar situation recently.  Like @KevinD mentioned, the staff member had to wait until more expenses were incurred above the dollar amount.  But we also had a learning curve on how to enter the expense so it reduced the total reimbursement amount of the report.  We finally figured out that "Payment Type" needed to be set to "Company Paid" and then the dollar amount entered as a negative in the Expense details screen. 

You may have already known that, but I thought I would share it just in case.  And someone else may come along looking for this answer in the future.  🙂

-Jennifer