cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TeresaC
Occasional Member - Level 1

Refund credit showing as "Employee Payment' and 'Total Owed By Employee'

A refund credit has been posted on a colleague’s expense report to the value of $216.12 (The initial value has already been expensed). There is also an expense of $19.88 on this report. In the Report Totals screen the final value of the report $216-$19.88=$196.12 is listed under Employee Payment and Total Owed By Employee. This should not be the case as its a refund! Is anyone able to help please?

1 Solution
Solution
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@TeresaC if this was a refund then the amount should either show in parentheses or with a minus sign. I take it this was a purchase made on a company credit card, correct? If you could send me a private message with the name of the employee, I can take a look. Since there was a refund for the purchase, technically the purchase never happened. However, payment was either made to the employee or to the card issuer, when it shouldn't have so the employee is responsible to pay back the reimbursement.

I'll await your private message. To send me a private message, click my username (KevinD), then the Message button.

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Solution
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@TeresaC if this was a refund then the amount should either show in parentheses or with a minus sign. I take it this was a purchase made on a company credit card, correct? If you could send me a private message with the name of the employee, I can take a look. Since there was a refund for the purchase, technically the purchase never happened. However, payment was either made to the employee or to the card issuer, when it shouldn't have so the employee is responsible to pay back the reimbursement.

I'll await your private message. To send me a private message, click my username (KevinD), then the Message button.

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.