cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TBELLALA
Occasional Member - Level 1

Recall Expense Reports

Hi,

A user in my company submitted an expense report for reimbursement through his user account but the expense request was submitted using a project user ID.  The report has been approved and processed for payment and now the employee name shows as the project user ID and not the actual user who paid for this expense via his credit card. The status of this report now shows as "paid" in Concur. Is there way accounting team can recall this expense report and update the employee name in Concur? 

10 REPLIES 10
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@TBELLALA once a report is fully approved and the batch it is in is closed, it cannot be recalled. 

I'm trying to understand the scenario...the user who submitted the report...did they submit it while acting as a delegate? I'm trying to picture how someone used their own account to submit a report with a user ID that wasn't their own. I only know two ways this can be done, unless I'm missing something. 1. As a delegate or 2. the user Proxied into their own account while logged in with another User ID that has proxy permissions.

Do either of these make sense or am I not understanding the situation? There is a reason I'm asking, by the way. 🙂

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
TBELLALA

Hi Kevin,

The user was acting as a delegate for another account and submitted the reimbursement report instead of using his own user account. And we did not notice the user account when approving it.

Can concur support help in modifying this report ? 

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@TBELLALA from what I've been told, once the report has gone through the entire approval process and has been marked as Paid, it cannot be changed. Changes would have to be made directly in your ERP system. I'm posting your question internally, so if I hear something different, I will let you know. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
TBELLALA

@KevinD Thank you for looking into this issue. 

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@TBELLALA follow up: on the off chance your company uses our SAP  integration, then the following is an alternative:

Concur Expense does have an additional option for a customer who uses our SAP financial integration (native), where we have the feature named Delta Posting.  This allows the user to reopen and edit a paid report.

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
onorio-neto

Hi Kevin,

I have one question about this topic, is it possible to enable Delta Posting even after an implemented site?
I'll be waiting for your inputs,
sincerely
Neto

@onorio-neto what do you mean by "Delta Posting"? 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
onorio-neto

Hi Kevin,
My question was related to your last answer "Concur Expense does have an additional option for a customer who uses our SAP financial integration (native), where we have the feature named Delta Posting.  This allows the user to reopen and edit a paid report.

I would like to know if, once you already have a implemented system and by default you have not activated this feature initially. Is it possible to activate this feature in after the system is on live?

TChapman
SAP Concur Employee
SAP Concur Employee

Yes, after implementation you can activate this feature.  It does require a minimum service pack level of the ICS add on.  I would ensure you are at the latest SP to take advantage of all the fixes that have happened over the years.  

I also recommend you look at your downstream reporting and processes.  Re-opened reports can cause issues when they come through again.  For example, if you have a Cognos report of paid expenses from "yesterday" (for example), then the expense report would show up twice: once when the report was first paid and again when the delta was paid.  Since Concur has the entire report, the reporting will provide the most current expense report....twice.  

My recommendation would be to enable it in a production sandbox and test it out.  

Raajanns
New Member - Level 2

We had similar issue in my previous company, we resorted to only manual adjustment for the very same reason of reports getting tampered...

Good to know there is another way out in concur... Thanks...