cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tknight84
Occasional Member - Level 3

Reassign Approver

Is there a way to reassign an expense report to another approver if the first approver is not available? I tried using the Administer Approval Queue option but I don't see any reports listed for that approver even though I know they have reports in their queue. 

6 REPLIES 6
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@tknight84 the only way to do this is to go the profile of the user who owns this report and update the approver there. Return the report to the user then have them resubmit. But, you may have to change it back when the unavailable approver is then available.

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
DeanR
Frequent Member - Level 1

@KevinD 

Can they not change the approver for the individual report by going to Report Details -> Report Timeline?  They would still need to return the report before changing and then resubmitting, but at least they wouldn't have to revert the change for future reports.

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@DeanR this can be turned on in the workflow, but we highly advise against it unless you are using Authorized Approvers. This option is turned off by default.

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@tknight84 okay, small update to my first response. The system can be set up to allow the employee to edit the approver, however this is controlled in the Workflow area and is turned off by default. We don't recommend using this option, especially for a one-off type situation where the approver is not available. 

Other than the first approver being unavailable, does the report need to be approved by a specific person or just need approval because the first approver is unavailable? 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
tknight84
Occasional Member - Level 3

Thank you. We definitely don't want the employee to be able to edit the approver. In this case, it was just because the first approver was unavailable. I thought there might be a way for an administrator to redirect it somehow without having it recalled and resubmitted.

SMolla
Routine Member - Level 1

I have seen many clients using option to route the report to approver's approver if default approver is not available. It can be set on condition "after how many days report should jump out of default approver's queue if a report is not approver".

Disclaimer: Be careful to implement it as reports may reach to higher level unnecessary if below personnel do not approve timely. 🙂