cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jmontoya
Occasional Member - Level 2

REST API incremental download

I need to download all my expenses every day for internal reporting and forecasting.

With the following url I can make an API call and get all the data:

/api/v3.0/expense/entries?limit=70&user=ALL

I don't want to download thousands of records every day. So, how can I make an incremental download for all the data created after the last download?

it should be something like this:  /api/v3.0/expense/entries?limit=70&user=ALL&filter=lastmodifieddate[gt]2023-11-20

Thanks in advance.

1 Solution
Solution
jmontoya

Since I can download all the reports and I can use this filter for future downloads. I can use this approach to get the list of new reports and download the items for each of them. Thank you very much for your help.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@jmontoya did you ever get this figured out? If not, let me know. I have someone I can ask about APIs.

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
jmontoya

No, not yet. There has to be a way to filter the data.  I don't see any other way to do an incremental download if I can't add some kind of filtering. Your help is appreciated.

Thanks

sm274

SAP Concur Developer Center | Reports v3

limit=100&modifiedDateAfter=YYYY-MM-DD&modifiedDateBefore=YYYY-MM-DD

you'll have to do something to get around the offset

jmontoya

I am able to get all the report's entries with the following URL:

/api/v3.0/expense/entries?reportID=xxxxxxxxxx&limit=100&user=ALL

Thanks 

Solution
jmontoya

Since I can download all the reports and I can use this filter for future downloads. I can use this approach to get the list of new reports and download the items for each of them. Thank you very much for your help.

sm274

Exactly what I am doing. I find this API very unintuitive to use. Feels like I have to run 5 calls just to get all of the information needed for one invoice. 

sehjk
New Member - Level 2

Hi , I tried the same only full load can work. 

If we need to get the entries data , allocation , itemizations its not possible. as in reports api we cannot go for filter. in entries we cannot filter on any specific date. and getting the complete data from the api everyday is not possible. So i am not sure what sort of solution you are refering. can you explain.