cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
msharma
Occasional Member - Level 1

Query for expense line details

Hi, How can I create a report/query that show expense line details of the expense report and it can be exported to Excel? Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@msharma we have two different options where Queries can be created.  Are you referring to a query on the Expense Processor screen or are you referring to a query that you would build using Cognos Reporting?

Processors do not need a line item query since they are able to just view the entire report.

Cognos reporting  allows you to see the data for multiple expense reports in one large report. I'm thinking this is what you are looking to do, correct? If so, do you have any experience using Cognos reporting?

Thank you,
Kevin
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
msharma

Hi Kevin, thank you so much for your quick response. After reading you response I believe I am referring to Cognos reporting. Although in our case, our processor is looking for expense line detail report to export in Excel as that is part of the billing support that goes to the client. 

I don't have Cognos reporting experience but can follow instructions.

msharma

@KevinD Do you have any instructions on how I can create a Cognos report for such query? Thanks

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@msharma well, for me to walk you through creating a report in Cognos, it would take me a bit of time. However, here is a link to our Cognos Reporting resources: https://www.concurtraining.com/cnqr/cognos-11-registration.

There are some recordings that walk through using the tool. Give those a watch and if you still need some guidance, let me know.

Thank you,
Kevin
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.