cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
leilaloven
Occasional Member - Level 1

Query Reporting for Commute Mileage Deductions

I am in the search of a field that will provide the data from the Mileage Calculator screen when an employee marks to deduct their normal commute from the business mileage. It can simply be that the box in the bottom left corner of the Google map screen (mileage calculator) is check or the report could show that their was a total within the personal mileage amount. I have found where business mileage data amounts shows in Query Studios (under Car Expenses) t but no field that shows that personal amount total listed on the bottom of that Google map screen next to the business mileage total. 

Does this data exist in the Query Studios options under the Expense Category in the Warehouse? And if so, can you kindly give directions on how to find it. Thanks.

1 Solution
Solution
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@leilaloven I did a test myself and you are correct. I originally thought that the Total Personal would be what is reported on, but apparently the system aggregates only if the Personal checkbox is ticked. 

Unfortunately, there isn't a data item in Cognos that shows what someone entered for the Commute. I did a search for the word Commute and it didn't come up in the data warehouse.

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@leilaloven Hello there. In the Car Expenses folder right below the Business Distance data item is the Personal Distance item. I believe this is what you are looking for. 

KevinD_0-1629473655305.png

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
leilaloven

I have ran my report with that data field and I am not getting any numbers for that. I believe that data is pulled from the employees checking the personal mileage boxes on the waypoints and NOT the deduct commute box on the bottom of the mileage calculator screen. We have trained our employees to not use the personal mileage boxes because they always check ALL OF THEM which calculates no miles to reimbursement. We trained our employees to enter their normal commute mileage and deduct commute distance when necessary. So we don't have the personal boxes check on reports which causes no numbers to show in the data on the report. But I know for sure we have employees using the deduct commute distance feature so there should be some number data coming over or at least indication that the box is checked.

Solution
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@leilaloven I did a test myself and you are correct. I originally thought that the Total Personal would be what is reported on, but apparently the system aggregates only if the Personal checkbox is ticked. 

Unfortunately, there isn't a data item in Cognos that shows what someone entered for the Commute. I did a search for the word Commute and it didn't come up in the data warehouse.

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
leilaloven

Okay, Thanks for looking into it for me.

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@leilaloven no problem. For future questions regarding data warehouse data items, when you go into Cognos and click the Launch drop down, select Help - Concur Model. This will open a page that has the different areas of the data warehouse listed at the bottom. You will see a Doc - PDF link for each area. You can open the document and then use CTRL + F to do a find in the document for a keyword. This will save you a lot of time rather than clicking around in the data warehouse. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
Chenling

Hello Kevin, do Cognos has the data items of “Deduct Commute” and corresponding items under "Mileage" expense type now? Our company is requiring to create a report to capture this information, however I'm not able to find it in Cognos. Looking forward to hear you. Thank you:)

gg.PNG

leedau
SAP Concur Employee
SAP Concur Employee

@Chenling Thanks for posting in the SAP Concur Community. The waypoints are not reportable in Cognos today. However, as already stated - the personal distance is reportable. 

Remember to tag me if you respond or feel free to mark this post as Solved if you don't have further questions or comments. To tag me on your response, you click the Reply button, first thing to type is @. This should bring up the username of the person you are replying to.

Thank you,
Lee-Anne Dautovic
SAP Concur Community Moderator