cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
eibaad
Occasional Member - Level 2

Printing receipts in order of the expense report

Hi All,

I am new to Concur, and having a bit of an issue trying to resolve this or figure it out.

When I go to Expense ->Process Reports -> Print Detailed Report (Or any other kind of report)

The system shows me an expense report which I can export to PDF or print. Once I do that the system prints the receipts along with the report.

I want that to happen but with one change, being, that I want the receipts to be printed in order of the expense as listed on the report.

So if Mr. XYZ shows Hotel Expense (Hampton) first and then Meals(JimmyJohns) - I want to receipts to be printed in the same order.

How can I do this?

Thank you for your help.

-Eibaad 

11 REPLIES 11
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@eibaad I don't think it is possible to re-order how the receipts are displayed in the Detailed Report. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
eibaad

@KevinD Thank you for your response. Is there any other way I can print a report that matches the receipt order or vice versa.

dear @eibaad 

just as point of curiosity, why would you need to print the receipts and have them in order?

is is for checking the validity of the receipts? 

Do your company's employee not use the mobile application for uploading the receipts? You would be able to check in that case directly from the system without printing them or putting them in order.

Kind Regards

Alessandro Munari
eibaad

Dear Munari,

We do use the mobile application for uploading the receipts and we also do check the validity of the receipts as well. But the reason why we want them in the order of the report is that some of our receipts are further allocated to multiple properties and each property is sent a copy of the bill with their receipts attached. So for all that if the receipts are printed in order it will cut down on a lot of time, we have to spend sorting through the receipts.

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@eibaad I double checked this with a colleague and unfortunately there isn't a way. The receipt order in the printed report we believe is the order in which they were attached to the report. There are only a certain number of ways to sort the expense report line items, so getting them to match exactly would take a lot of trial and error. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
eibaad

Sorry for the very later response, but thank you. This is the conclusion I came up with as well.

smianmi
Occasional Member - Level 1

We print out all the receipts in the paper from Expense ->Process Reports -> Print Detailed Report and keep them as same order as the list items in the file for tax auditors.If we have this function, it would be very helpful for us to save our time.

Can we know if there is any new way/funciton which we can get them in order same as the lists instead of arranging in order manually? 

td_tbf
Occasional Member - Level 1

Hi Kevin,

This seems like this would be a simple change to offer -- but it would save my organizations hours each month reordering them for finance.    Can there be something done?   

We will literally have to look for a new solution without this change.

Thanks. 

Thomas Durkin
Director, Information Technology
The Boston Foundation
75 Arlington Street 3rd Floor
Boston, MA 02116

td_tbf_0-1660919726448.jpeg

eibaad

I totally agree with you Thomas that it is a very small change to implement, unfortunately we had a lot of discussions with people at Concur they all said the same thing it cannot be done. We also are actively thinking about changing platforms due to this as well; it's just eats up too much time physically re-arraigning all those receipts.

enegersmith

Just came across this discussion because I too am looking to print the receipts in the order they appear on the expense report. At my firm, once reports are submitted, we Print to PDF and save them in a folder that are accessible to external auditors.

It would be so helpful if receipts were in order. I can't believe there is no way!

eibaad

I know, and considering the receipts are attached to the transactions and they can be sorted; so the natural progression would be to sort the receipts accordingly. From a programming point of view this can be very easily acheived.