cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rasheedahruben
Occasional Member - Level 3

Pipe Character Causes Error on Import file

Hi,

We have found that Expenseit is sometimes putting a pipe character in the Merchant Name Field which causes the entire Concur file to fail import into our SAP system. 

Is there a configuration or audit rule that I can use, that would trigger all expense reports with a pipe character in that field to route to our internal audit group for further review? 

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Best,

1 Solution
Solution
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@rasheedahruben this is what our Knowledge Base article has on this:

To update the field validation rule:

1. Go to Administration Expense Expense Admin Forms and Fields
2. Next to Form Type select the proper form type from the drop-down list
3. Click on the Validations tab
4. Click the New button
5. Provide the validation name
6. In the Regular Expressions field, enter ^[^|]*$ (make sure to remove any extra space before and after the expression)
7. Provide the failure message - this is message that gets displayed when the user enters the character
8. Update the Editable By Group(s) field
9. Click Save and the rule will be created

To enable this validation rule for a field:

1. Go to Administration Expense Expense Admin > Forms and Fields
2. Next to Form Type, select the proper form type from the drop-down list
3. Click on Fields tab (alternatively, you can also select the Form Fields tab)
4. Double click on the desired field to open the Modify Fields popup (or Modify Form Fields, if you are under Form Fields) and there will be a drop down called Default Validation (or Validation, if you are under Form Fields)
5. Select the validation from the drop down
6. Click Save
7. The system will now trigger the error message (e.g. "The Pipe Character (|) cannot be entered and must be removed.")

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@rasheedahruben you can do this with a validation audit rule. However, the audit rule must be assigned to a form and field. Unless you have completed our Advanced Configuration class, you will need to submit a help ticket to SAP Concur Support to get this fully set up.

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
rasheedahruben

My apologies @KevinD , I did not see your response until you mentioned it on the other post. Thank you for getting back to me, I truly appreciate it. I've submitted the registration form for the course in January. I'm currently trying to assist my colleague that has already taken the class and has the appropriate access. Are there any instructions you can provide to help assist in completing this?

Solution
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@rasheedahruben this is what our Knowledge Base article has on this:

To update the field validation rule:

1. Go to Administration Expense Expense Admin Forms and Fields
2. Next to Form Type select the proper form type from the drop-down list
3. Click on the Validations tab
4. Click the New button
5. Provide the validation name
6. In the Regular Expressions field, enter ^[^|]*$ (make sure to remove any extra space before and after the expression)
7. Provide the failure message - this is message that gets displayed when the user enters the character
8. Update the Editable By Group(s) field
9. Click Save and the rule will be created

To enable this validation rule for a field:

1. Go to Administration Expense Expense Admin > Forms and Fields
2. Next to Form Type, select the proper form type from the drop-down list
3. Click on Fields tab (alternatively, you can also select the Form Fields tab)
4. Double click on the desired field to open the Modify Fields popup (or Modify Form Fields, if you are under Form Fields) and there will be a drop down called Default Validation (or Validation, if you are under Form Fields)
5. Select the validation from the drop down
6. Click Save
7. The system will now trigger the error message (e.g. "The Pipe Character (|) cannot be entered and must be removed.")

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
rasheedahruben

Thank you Kevin!

I'll pass these instructions along. I appreciate your help! 🙂