cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kellymcgurk
Occasional Member - Level 1

Personal expenses for IBIP (individually billed/ individually paid) company credit cards

We are brining on 2 new companies to Concur from another system and they use IBIP company credit cards.  Our company uses company billed/company paid and for personal expenses we have a Concur Receivables AR GL account we use to track personal expenses and if the associate doesn't have any cash out of pocket to net against it the associate writes us a check and we net the two together.  For IBIP, they are only use to filing as cash out of pocket and the amount owed is just reduced by the personal expense and they currently don't account for personal charges on the GL.  Is their a way to not have the personal charges come out in the extract file and hit the GL?  We've been told that since they will have their credit card feed coming into Concur the approver will see all personal charges and they'll have to file them as personal and in turn it will be in the extract file to the GL.  Only option we can think of is to create a new clearing account for these 2 companies if the personal charges are indeed going to be in the extract file.  Any other suggestions?  Could some companies that use IBIP share how they handle personal expenses that come through the credit card feed and to the extract file?

1 REPLY 1
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@kellymcgurk I'm curious...why are employees making personal purchases on a corporate credit card? 

I'm just spit-balling here, but if you simply just flat out not allow personal charges on the corporate card, it might make things a bit easier. You could do this through an audit rule. You can then use the exception message to tell employees what to do with these charges. This is where you would need to decide as a company, what you want to do with those charges. Site administrators can hide transactions from users that have imported in so they no longer see then and therefore don't submit them.

All charges on the card are going to import into Concur. You may consider allowing your employees to delete card charges so they can delete them  and not submit them. This would then alleviate the personal charges appearing on the extract. Now, I know you might say, "yeah, but we don't want them to accidentally delete charges they need to submit on a report". I get that, but deleted charges can be re-released to the user if need be. 

I'm just throwing out suggestions here, but I think the biggest question is discuss internally for you is why are we allowing personal charges on the corporate card? 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.