cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SandraS
Occasional Member - Level 1

Personal expense - process and how to reimburse

Hi 
I used my AMEX for personal expense as I had no other choice.  Could you please advice how I can reimburse AMEX (provide me with account number) and also if I need to submit an expense report for êrsonal expenses fully filled with  all information ? ThanksSandra

1 Solution
Solution
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@SandraS this is going to sound preachy, but most companies do not want you using your corporate card for personal purchases. I know there may be extenuating circumstances, but this should be avoided to prevent you possibly getting your company card shut off or canceled. 

Having said that...you will need to add this card charge to an expense report and mark it as personal. There is a checkbox you will see in the entry details labeled Personal Expense (do not reimburse). This tells the system you are not asking for payment. 

Now, because I don't know how your company handles company cards, you should speak to your manager about whether you need to pay back your company for the expense or send payment directly to AMEX. There are two ways companies handled their corporate cards. I don't which way your company uses, but your manager should know what to do.

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Solution
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@SandraS this is going to sound preachy, but most companies do not want you using your corporate card for personal purchases. I know there may be extenuating circumstances, but this should be avoided to prevent you possibly getting your company card shut off or canceled. 

Having said that...you will need to add this card charge to an expense report and mark it as personal. There is a checkbox you will see in the entry details labeled Personal Expense (do not reimburse). This tells the system you are not asking for payment. 

Now, because I don't know how your company handles company cards, you should speak to your manager about whether you need to pay back your company for the expense or send payment directly to AMEX. There are two ways companies handled their corporate cards. I don't which way your company uses, but your manager should know what to do.

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
SandraS

Thanks KevinD for your answer. This was indeed exceptional and out of solutions in my hand. As you adviced I marked my expenses as personal and repaid myself the expenses to AMEX directly

DSOAR1
New Member - Level 1

Morning Kevin,

I put some cash expenses a couple of weeks ago and still haven tbeing reimbursed. Who should i reach out in this cases?

Regards,

David Cesar

jzamparini

Hi @KevinD ,

I do have a similar problem as I used my card by mistake on a train ticket. When I try to do the expense it with "Personal expense" the system automatically removes me from "Attendees" and I can't submit the claim because I get 2 errors of : 

• Action: Please add attendees in attendees section.
  • Action: This expense requires yourself as attendee

Do you know how to solve it?

Thank you

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@jzamparini the system should be showing you both yellow and red exceptions. The yellow exception I've provided below that explains what you are to do to resolve the issue. 

KevinD_0-1664217197338.png

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
jzamparini

Thank you Kevin, I do understand this should be the only technical solution because the expense is not business neither being reimbursed. If there is no other solution I will do as suggested. Just please let me know. 

agoswamiP2
Occasional Member - Level 2

Kevin, where is the personal expense checkbox? Could you share a screenshot please? Thank you!