cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dani1
Occasional Member - Level 1

Personal car registration to claim mileage - Engine size

Good evening Community,

I am a new user from France and I am encountering some difficulties in the personal car registration process and mileage refund.
In particular, I wanted to claim some kilometers reimbursement for using my personal car for work, and the system asked me to register my personal vehicle to proceed.

When doing so, Concur asks me for the "engine size" which is a field that is apparently restricted to few options from a dropdown menu. These are expressed in CV which I assume is Horsepower, but the values I can chose from only spans from 3 to 13 CV.

My car has 55 kW (~74CV) which is a value I cannot input.

To test the process I have selected 13CV (the highest) and when claiming the expense the system is calculating a surprisingly high refund rate of EUR 0.697 per kilometer.
If I created the car with 3CV (the lowest) the refund still seems pretty high : EUR 0.529 per kilometer.
Does this seem normal for you?

Ultimately, which is the correct engine size that I should set for my Peugeot 208, 1200 cc, 55 kW (74CV)?

Thank you

Regards

Capture d'écran 2024-10-09 171229.png

1 Solution
Solution
dani1

Hi, I found the solution :

For some reason, here in France they use another additional system to define what Concur calls "Engine size" which is not "cc", "hp", "kw" nor cv (as the metric version of "hp").
Here (and maybe also elsewhere) there is this "cheval fiscal" which translate to "tax horsepower". This value can be easily found on the car "carte grise" (vehicle registration certificate).
Hope this can be helpful to others.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
jps

seems like those settings are defined by your company admin? but not sure though, let's see what experts say.

Solution
dani1

Hi, I found the solution :

For some reason, here in France they use another additional system to define what Concur calls "Engine size" which is not "cc", "hp", "kw" nor cv (as the metric version of "hp").
Here (and maybe also elsewhere) there is this "cheval fiscal" which translate to "tax horsepower". This value can be easily found on the car "carte grise" (vehicle registration certificate).
Hope this can be helpful to others.