cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sanca71
Occasional Member - Level 1

Personal Credit Card Expense looking to get reimbursed

Im a new employee to my company, and I had to go on a trip before getting my corporate card. Airfare was booked and covered by company, but I had to cover expenses with personal credit card (which I would later be reimbursed for). 

I am putting together the expense report, and put "Personal Credit Card" as the payment type for all expenses (meals, hotel, rental car, fuel). I am getting an error only for the hotel and rental car, stating "This expense cannot be submitted until it is matched to an imported card transaction". I don't see how I can resolve this error if I used my personal credit card. 

I don't see how I can resolve this. It's also odd that it doesn't appear for the other items (I'm assuming because they are smaller expenses). 

1 Solution
Solution
PoojaKumatkar
Routine Member - Level 3

Hi @sanca71 ,

You cannot use "personal credit card" payment type for the manually created expense entries. It can be only used against imported credit card transactions. Here, since you are manually creating expense entries and selecting credit card payment type, system is throwing error. This is how it works. 

To make it work, you need to configure your credit card into concur, so that all the transactions will be visible under expense tab - available expenses.

From there you can move particular transaction to an expense report and then match or select expense type manually from drop down list. Note that, for credit card transactions transaction date, vendor, payment type, amount field will get automatically populated and fields will be read only mode. 

You can refer to the below article for the steps and set up your personal card into your profile. 

PoojaKumatkar_0-1728659198961.png

If this answers your query, then please mark this solution as accepted.

Thanks!
Regards,
Pooja

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Solution
PoojaKumatkar
Routine Member - Level 3

Hi @sanca71 ,

You cannot use "personal credit card" payment type for the manually created expense entries. It can be only used against imported credit card transactions. Here, since you are manually creating expense entries and selecting credit card payment type, system is throwing error. This is how it works. 

To make it work, you need to configure your credit card into concur, so that all the transactions will be visible under expense tab - available expenses.

From there you can move particular transaction to an expense report and then match or select expense type manually from drop down list. Note that, for credit card transactions transaction date, vendor, payment type, amount field will get automatically populated and fields will be read only mode. 

You can refer to the below article for the steps and set up your personal card into your profile. 

PoojaKumatkar_0-1728659198961.png

If this answers your query, then please mark this solution as accepted.

Thanks!
Regards,
Pooja