cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
goetz
Occasional Member - Level 2

Personal Card Feed EU / UK based banks

I have been trying to connect a personal card and found it quite strange that I have no financial institutions in the EU / UK available. European Amex cards, HSBC, BNP, Barclays, all major banks seem not to be supported for personal card transactions. Has anyone managed to use any EU / UK based cards with Concur Expense?

1 Solution
Solution
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@goetz I received some clarification on this. We did stop support for U.K. and Europe personal cards in September of 2019. Apparently there was some legal issues and we are working on getting them resolved so we can start supporting the U.K. and Europe again. Unfortunately, there is no set time frame on when this will happen. 

Question for you...is your company using our ExpenseIt feature? Do you happen to know? 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@goetz what bank issued your personal card? Most major banks should be supported, but occasionally there is a bank not supported by Yodlee. Just an FYI, Yodlee is a 3rd party vendor that SAP Concur uses, so if your bank isn't supported, you will need to submit a support ticket to SAP Concur and then we will submit an issue to Yodlee on your behalf. 

First, tell me your bank. That way I can post internally to see if it is a supported bank. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
goetz

I received a message from our implementation consultant that "personal cards within the UK & Europe is no longer available within Concur". She also could not provide if this will be available at some point in future. Very disappointing, it was a key ask to connect personal cards in the UK before we signed up.

Solution
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@goetz I received some clarification on this. We did stop support for U.K. and Europe personal cards in September of 2019. Apparently there was some legal issues and we are working on getting them resolved so we can start supporting the U.K. and Europe again. Unfortunately, there is no set time frame on when this will happen. 

Question for you...is your company using our ExpenseIt feature? Do you happen to know? 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
goetz

Yes, but there is no functionality in expense It that serves the purpose of the credit card feed. I read one of your other comments in the forum, the credit card feed provides:

- Exchange rate and conversion to the actual amount paid including any conversion fees

- allows to 'catch' any expenses where the receipt might  still be missing, which is most likely to happen for online orders or online subscriptions that have recurring billing (not the coffee shop receipt where you use the physical card)

Goetz

KMCA2020
Occasional Member - Level 1

Hello Kevin,

We are struggling with the same issue however we get conflicting data on how this can be solved.  We have no issues in the US, however our UK and India counterparts no longer have access to the credit card direct feed as a result of the new EU law passed.  A Concur rep told us to obtain Amex corporate cards for our UK employees.  We did a test run with one of our UK employees and his Amex corporate card feed still does not work with Concur.  We were told with the new Amex/Sap intergration that this would no longer  be an issue but our issue has not been resolved. Were we given incorrect information?  Is there no way of implementing a work around in Europe for the drect feed?  As the other user stated, expensit does not help.  We have admins thats sumit expense reports on behalf of the employees and our global expenses eventually feed into our US accounting software after the FX is settled which is the only reason we signed up with Conur.  The bank feed solves our issues.  Will Concur provide updates as it relates to solutions?  It was never communicated to anyone that this new law and change took place, Concur reps weren't aware of this change, one day this just stopped working.  It would be helpful to get updates on issues that affect day to day business flow.  Thank you.

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@KMCA2020 I'm not sure if I can be of much help since I mostly work with US customers, but if you send me the name of the employee that has the AMEX card and the full name of your company, I can look and see if I can find any type of issue. I cannot make any promises I can find the problem, but I'll take a look.

Please send me the information in a private message. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey