cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
aprilmcbride
Occasional Member - Level 2

Per Diem when crossing the International Date Line

Looking for some insight on per diem calculations when crossing the IDL. Concur does not appear to be calculating as outlined in the multiple examples I've poured through on government websites. It appears that the first day of per diem should be skipped and then the last day is paid at 175% to make up for the lost day. It defies all logic to me to calculate that way, but I keep pulling up example after example of per diem being calculated using that method. Is anybody else having issues with per diem calculations when the IDL is crossed? 

Thanks!

Update: If anybody's curious, it's not entirely a Concur issue, but how the travel itinerary is entered. Users were adding any and all layovers even when they did not qualify as a stopover point for purposes of per diem calculations. Concur was counting any layover as a stopover point which was throwing the per diem calculations off. It would be nice if Concur had the logic to determine when the layover should be counted and when it shouldn't based on the length of time at that point while traveling. 

1 REPLY 1
expensebrain
Occasional Member - Level 3

hi,

which country template you are referring to? 

Depending on legal framework, the interpretation in legal sense will be different. Giving a statement whether Concur is calculating correctly or not requires to know on which base.

Thanks,

Michael

viele Grüsse/ best regards

Michael Zwickl
Solution Expert Travel & Expense
expenseBrain GmbH | Expertise in Expense Management

http://www.expensebrain.de/

One of the first consultants for Travel Management in the cloud in Europe | 6 years with BCD Travel | 7 years with SAP | 8 years with expenseBrain