cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JWhite
Occasional Member - Level 2

Pending Card Transactions Still havent appeared after Months - Uber

I have several charges from Uber, that have been pending and as such I haven't been able to submit some reports. The exact reason give by concur are  "Need pending card transaction". Some of these charges have been outstanding for months so there's clearly nothing happening on the back end to have these pending charges come through. I've scoured the forums for a solution and haven't found any that work. These charges automatically flowed form the Uber app. They are not duplicates that were on other reports. They all have receipts that populated from the app. And all the monetary amounts match. How can I get these reports filed and these charges taken care of? 

6 REPLIES 6
DeanR
Frequent Member - Level 1

My first instinct is that the card transactions for which those e-receipts relate have already been submitted on a previous report; from my experience that is the case in 99% of these situations with old 'pending card transaction' items.  If you are adamant that's not the case, then other possibilities are:

• the Uber rides were on a profile (in the Uber app) that is not linked to your corporate card but is linked to your Concur account email address
  • I've heard of occasions where Uber will send additional receipts for the same ride e.g. if you add a tip then you may get a receipt for the trip amount without the tip, then another receipt for the trip amount including the tip.  Obviously only one of these needs to be matched to the card transaction in Concur and the other can be deleted.

The key understanding for corporate cardholders is that it is the card transactions that need to be submitted in Concur reports.  'Pending card transaction' items by definition are not card transactions; although they should be matched to a card transaction, they can be deleted if there is no matching card transaction (usually because it's already been submitted on an earlier report).

JWhite

Makes sense. I don't see where I have the capability to remove pending transactions or just get rid of reports all together. Based on my preliminary investigation I think you are correct and these are duplicates. Plus I don't have an outstanding balance on the CC that would indicate outstanding payments. 

DeanR

Within an expense report, select the items and the 'Delete' button will become available.  To delete the report itself, click on the trashcan symbol next to the report name.

DeanR_0-1668376432022.png

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@JWhite I just looked into your account. The first thing I noticed is that you have Expense Assistant turned on which will automatically create your monthly expense report and add your incoming AMEX transactions to it, which means you shouldn't ever have any unsubmitted card transactions. 

Next, I looked at your June and July Outstanding reports with all the pending items. Then I looked at the June and July expense reports that have already been submitted and approved. These reports contain the AMEX transactions for all the Pending Uber transactions. 

As @DeanR mentioned, Uber will send in two receipt that will appear as Pending because it sends one Pending item for the ride then another for the tip. I've provided an example below of one of the AMEX charges on your June Expenses (06/01/2022) report. You can see the charge is for $40.83. Now if you look at your June Outstanding report, you will see the first two items that are Pending add up to...wait for it...$40.83. 🙂 

This is what @DeanR was referring to. In this case, Uber sent in a receipt for the total amount that matched to the AMEX charge. Then you received two more receipts for the ride and the tip. I'm not sure why Uber does this, so you just have double-check these items when they come in to see if there is already a matching AMEX charge. What I look for is the date of these items and the amounts. If the dates are the same and one amount is significantly higher, I take these to be the ride and the tip. Then I check my previous reports to see if there is a company card charge with the same date. If so, then I add the amounts of the two pending items to see if they add up to the company card charge with the same date. I know it some extra work, but as Dean mentioned, the most important items that must be submitted are your AMEX charges. You can delete both these reports then delete all these pending item since the AMEX charges have already been submitted. 

KevinD_0-1668094910031.png

KevinD_1-1668094941164.png

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
DeanR

Great summary @KevinD and nice to know I was on the right track. 

I'll just add that this is another example of why Expense Assistant doesn't make things easier for corporate cardholders, in my opinion.  This user has ended up with multiple reports for each month and confusion because they thought they had to submit them.  The extra, redundant reports could also have licensing cost implications if replicated across their company and assuming their Concur program is billed on x reports per month.

JWhite

Okay thanks for clearing this up. Ill have to go through the CC statements and reports to make sure this indeed is what happened. If it is, how do I then get rid of the reports?