cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
saumya
Occasional Member - Level 2

Pending Card Transaction in nextgenUI

Hello,
We are planning to switch users over to the NextGen UI. The Nextgen UI transition guide for Concur Expense Administrators has a section talking about enabling this payment type in Configurations. At present the same is not enabled for any group, as I am trying to get clarity on the benefits of doing so in the NextGEn UI. Can you explain what happens if we do not make it active after switching to NextgenUI? Thank you
1 Solution
Solution
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@saumya a couple of benefits I've seen from this payment type are:

1. Companies that use Corporate Credit cards and ExpenseIt for receipt capture can now ensure their users do not submit an ExpenseIt item paid for on the company card as out of pocket. The system will label an ExpenseIt item as Pending Card Transaction to remind the user to wait for the company card charge to upload into their Available Expenses and be matched to the ExpenseIt item.

2. Our customers that use Concur Travel have found it beneficial to help users not submit Airfare, Car Rental and Hotel reservations as out of pocket when paid for on a company card.

I'll be curious to see what others say. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Solution
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@saumya a couple of benefits I've seen from this payment type are:

1. Companies that use Corporate Credit cards and ExpenseIt for receipt capture can now ensure their users do not submit an ExpenseIt item paid for on the company card as out of pocket. The system will label an ExpenseIt item as Pending Card Transaction to remind the user to wait for the company card charge to upload into their Available Expenses and be matched to the ExpenseIt item.

2. Our customers that use Concur Travel have found it beneficial to help users not submit Airfare, Car Rental and Hotel reservations as out of pocket when paid for on a company card.

I'll be curious to see what others say. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
leela2516
Super User
Super User

@KevinD - Can you please advise - can Pending Card payment type be somehow turned on by the Concur Travel side of Concur? We have Concur Expense and Concur Travel. We do not have Pending Card payment type enabled, but we are seeing this payment type show up on expenses that appear to be related to travel (i.e. hotel, airfare, car rental). 

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@leela2516 I posted your question internally. I'll let you know what response I get. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@leela2516 from the response I received, by system design, those with corporate cards will see Pending for itinerary items. The system looks at the last four digits of the card used for the reservation and the last four digits of the card assigned to the user. If they match, they get Pending for those items.

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey

@KevinD Thanks so much!