cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jforeman
Occasional Member - Level 1

Pending Card Transaction for Out of Pocket Expense

Hi,

I paid out of pocket (personal credit card uploaded to Concur) for a recent work trip. When I attempted to expense the flight and hotel, the system gave me the error message of "Pending Card Transaction." This has been an error message for two weeks. I have tried deleting and re-entering the expense - it still says "Pending Card Transaction," "This expense appears to have been charged to your company credit card and cannot be submitted Until it is matched to the imported company card transaction which can take 3-5 days to import." Again, this was a personal expense, not charged to a company credit card. I also cannot change the expense type - that box is grayed out. All other expenses (food, Ubers) went through successfully.

My manager is baffled and we are trying to understand what we can do. Any thoughts here?

Thank you!!

1 REPLY 1
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@jforeman since these were not paid on a company card, what I would do is delete the items off of you report. Then I would manually create two new entries on your report for these two expenses.

Make sure you have the receipts for each of the expenses. Once you have created the two new manual entries and attached the receipts, you can then just delete the Pending Items from your list of Available Expenses.

It appears that for some reason the Payment Type field is set to Read-only, which it shouldn't be to allow users to change Pending to Out of Pocket.

Anyway, try what I suggested and see if that works for you.

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.