cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mpaziran
Occasional Member - Level 2

Pending Card Transaction - Uber

Hello, I did review the forum regarding pending card transactions and it wasn't helpful. I have several uber transactions that are automatically uploaded onto Concur that have "Pending Card Transaction" attached to it. However, there are several uber charges before and after those that have gone through just fine. I called the bank and all transactions have come through on their end. Any help is most appreciated.

1 Solution
Solution
mpaziran

So there were 3 transactions that came in for the same uber ride:

1. The initial base charge

2. The tip

3.  The total combined charge (base + tip)

However, only the total combined charge had the orange credit card transaction associated with it. So I was able to delete the first two charges from my report with no issue

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@mpaziran are any of these pending items for Uber expenses paid for on a corporate card? If so, did you check past reports to see if those reports have corporate card charges that match any of these pending items?

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
mpaziran

@KevinD Yes, these pending items were paid for on a corporate card. I did check past reports and there is no matching charge. I have my uber transactions automatically come in from my uber app and there's an attached receipt. The receipt and the charge match for the date used in July so there's no way it would have been captured in a prior report (e.g. June expense report).

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@mpaziran I think what is happening is the e-receipt total is different from the actual card charge in some cases, maybe due to you adding a tip after the ride is complete. 

You could try one of two things:

1. Look on your current report and match the items with the same dates, same cities and amounts that are very close, maybe within a few dollars.

2. Delete all the items showing the red exception. However, then you wouldn't have the e-receipt for the card transaction.

If it were me in this situation, I would try my first suggestion. The card transaction amount should override the e-receipt amount when you match them.

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
mpaziran

@KevinD I just checked and the attached e-receipts are for the charged amount that I see on the concur report. Both the main charge and the tips both have receipts that match exactly with its corresponding transaction. Any other advice?

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@mpaziran okay, I think I solved the riddle. Can you PM me a phone number where I can reach you please? Click my username (KevinD) and then click Message. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
brianeiler
New Member - Level 1

I have the exact same issue.  What is the fix?

Solution
mpaziran

So there were 3 transactions that came in for the same uber ride:

1. The initial base charge

2. The tip

3.  The total combined charge (base + tip)

However, only the total combined charge had the orange credit card transaction associated with it. So I was able to delete the first two charges from my report with no issue

cris2017
New Member - Level 1

Hello, i have the same problem with three different transactions. I cannot find a suitable answer in the forum trail (expense match that submitted in previous reports sent for payment), so i would be grateful if someone from Concur could reach out to help

opt_steveking
Occasional Member - Level 1

We do not allow our users to delete expenses and since the Uber expenses remain as pending it will not allow them to assign them as a personal expense.  Is there any other way to resolve these "pending" Uber expenses?

JWhite

I'm having the same issue, been ongoing for months now and gotta say its extremely frustrating. I have expense reports from months back that I cant get through bc it says "pending card transactions". Everything flows directly from uber and they all have e receipts uploaded. $ amounts line up as well. Please provide a solution to this problem so I can submit these reports. 

yaniramm
New Member - Level 1

Following since I'm having exactly the same issue. 

MikeH
New Member - Level 2

Following as well as I have the same issue.  3 transactions with e-receipts but appears stuck on pending card transaction? well over a month waiting and can't submit report.