cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
csubirats
Occasional Member - Level 3

Pending Card Transaction Default

Does anyone default all their receipts to Pending Card Transaction? We default to "Cash" and this causes problems for the Cardholders that dont wait, submit too early and get reimbursed in error. I want to switch our default to "Pending" so then they either match up the transaction when it imports OR they have to make a conscious effort to toggle to the "Cash" payment type if its really reimbursable. Is this best practice? We have many repeat offenders. Also, can it be set to where only the Cardholders default to Pending and non-cardholders still default to Cash?

8 REPLIES 8
DeanR
Frequent Member - Level 1

We have ours defaulting to Pending Card Transaction and had to raise a case through Concur Support for them to set this default on our behalf.  By design, it only applies to users with an assigned card; for everyone else the default stays as Cash.

It works very well for us this way.  The main benefit is cardholders have to consciously select Cash for expenses they've paid out of their own pocket so we get far fewer mistaken reimbursements than I see from other customers posting on this forum.

csubirats

This is exactly what I want to do but I feared that the non-cardholders would also have to make the manual switch to Cash and they would hate the added step, but if it will only impact the cardholders, then this is great news!

joby2288
Occasional Member - Level 1

My experiance is that it does not work very well. After purchases made over a moth ago the status is still "pending card transaction"? This is blocking me to make a report for travel expense and in worst case the project might close the accounts.

Why is card transactions take such a long time to register in Concure?? 

csubirats

I would guess that the card transaction already imported and did not automatically match up to your receipt because the date or amount was different. Our card transactions import in about 3-4 days.

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@joby2288 card transactions take usually 3-4 days to import in. What I have found is similar to what @csubirats states is that maybe the card transaction didn't match to the correct pending item or maybe a user added the pending item to a report before it matched to a card transaction. I've also seen some instances where a user somehow added a card transaction to a report that wasn't matched for some reason.

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
joby2288
Occasional Member - Level 1

Hi, I do not understand the reply at all? The travel agent has purchased a flight ticket and now I can not report it, thats it. It is currently hijacked by "pending card transaction" without any possibility for me to solve it other than changing it to cash somehow and then pay the bill from amex manually.  What do you suggest I should do? Is there not any customer support for this system? 

lopezga
New Member - Level 1

yo quiero meter unas dietas que no llevan justificante alguno

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@lopezga what kind of expenses or allowances are you trying to enter? 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.