cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dthomas
Occasional Member - Level 2

Payment Manager

I am holding a training tomorrow for employees within my company that will be processing expense reports. Ideally, I would like to process a batch from start to finish. I have made our funding account temporarily inactive. My concern is that if I process a batch:

1) it will be reimbursed to either the employee or credit card company, or

2) when I reactivate our funding account, these reports that I processed during the training would be paid to the employee or credit card company

Can someone let me know if making the funding account inactive prevents both of these issues? Also, is there a way to purge data from Concur? We are going live with it on 3/17 and I would like all the test data out of there.

Thanks!

5 REPLIES 5
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@dthomas  

I would suggest only using one expense report with a total of .01. That way if the batch does process, it is only one penny. If you are using a corporate credit card, you won't be able to test out closing the batch unless you actually have some corporate card transactions that have uploaded into someone's account. However, this is live data. 

I did look at your site and you do not have a company credit card added to your Payment Types, so you wouldn't have any card transactions going into a batch. This shouldn't be an issue.

I think with the funding account for the Expense Pay batch being inactive, you wouldn't be able to close it. If you cannot close it, then reactivating the account shouldn't affect anything. At least in theory, it shouldn't. 

In all honesty, the closing of a batch is literally clicking Close now, so I don't think you need to finish the process for training. 

I will say though, that because the data you are using is live data, I don't recommend closing any batches. 

This is just my two cents. 🙂

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
CourtneyT
Occasional Member - Level 1

I have an issue that is taking a while to resolve, maybe you can help.  in our payment manager all of our completed batches are under employees batch paid by company check. When we recently approved batches this went into our quickbooks as reimbursable amounts? The only thing I did different was click the send data in the payment manager. Do we need to set this to the capital one card:card batch paid by company check? and how do I do that? 

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@CourtneyT I'm looking at your site and the Capital One card, although active, doesn't appear to be fully set up. Also, as your site stands, even with the Capital One Payment type, the system still reads all users expenses as out of pocket. That is why all reports are going into the Employee Paid Batch.

If you are looking to utilize the Capital One batch, you should consider getting a credit card feed set up so that employees' transactions on their company cards flow into their SAP Concur profile. The system will recognize them, assign the correct payment type and add them to the Capital One batch.

You should have an assigned Customer Success Manager that you can speak to about getting this set up.

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
CourtneyT
Occasional Member - Level 1

everyone I talk to wants to put me through to someone with quickbooks help and then no one gets back to me:(

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@CourtneyT by everyone, you mean everyone at SAP Concur you've talked to?

Quickbooks doesn't set up credit card feeds. SAP Concur has a card services team that helps with this.

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey