cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MarinaC
Occasional Member - Level 1

Out-of-pocket expense showing for the expense paid by pcard

Hello,

We have a few people reporting that they are getting the out-of-pocket expense in addition to the Pcard expense for the trip/lodging paid by Pcard. Could you please let me know what needs to be done with the out-of-pocket expense line?

Thank you!

MarinaC_0-1634854146566.png

1 Solution
Solution
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@MarinaC Okay, all he needs to do is select both entries and then use the Combine button. The one is for the itinerary booking. Usually it gets matched to the corresponding credit card transaction, but that didn't happen for some reason. He can manually match (combine them) then add it to an expense report. See screenshot. 

KevinD_0-1635185853038.png

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
JessicaL
Frequent Member - Level 1

Hello there,

They would need to delete the Out of Pocket line from the expense report before it is submitted. It looks like Concur might have been unable to match this expense with the receipt, so instead of becoming one line, it left the two lines. 

This happens to our employees with corporate cards many times with travel bookings - especially trains. So, when they use Concur to book a train, Concur Travel communicates that to Concur Expense. Let's say that the total cost of the train was $100 so Concur Travel sends this as a Pending Card Transaction to Concur Expense. However, when Amtrak actually processes the card, they charge the card two $50.00 transactions instead of $100. So the Pending transaction doesn't properly match.

I hope this helps.

Best,

Jessica
Travel and Expense System Administrator
MarinaC

Hello Jessica,

Thank you very much for your response. Does that mean that they would also need to permanently delete that expense from their account in addition to removing from expense report?

Thanks again!

Best,

Marina

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@MarinaC  your screenshot is really small and blurry, so I can't really get a good look at it. However, if you provide me the employee name, I can look at the report to tell you for sure how to resolve the issue.

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
MarinaC

Hi Kevin,

I apologize for the small and blurry screenshot, but that's what I received. Employee's name is Andrew Layman. Thank you very much for looking into it!

Best regards,

Marina 

Solution
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@MarinaC Okay, all he needs to do is select both entries and then use the Combine button. The one is for the itinerary booking. Usually it gets matched to the corresponding credit card transaction, but that didn't happen for some reason. He can manually match (combine them) then add it to an expense report. See screenshot. 

KevinD_0-1635185853038.png

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
MarinaC

Thank you very much Kevin!

Best regards,

Marina