cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AML968
Occasional Member - Level 2

Not Valid Approving Manager

In submitting expense report, I have this exception: 'You have not been associated with a valid approving manager'. How can I contact Help Concur Desk?

8 REPLIES 8
grodriguezproje
Super User
Super User

Hi @AML968 

It's not necessary to contact Concur Support for this, in your profile the Administrator or HR must fill the default approver, can you attach a screenshot of the error to be sure that we are talking the same topic here? just to be sure that is not an audit rule that is blocking you to submit your report

AML968

IMG-3478.jpg

Hi @AML968 

This is something else then, the message that i was talking about is this one:

grodriguezproje_0-1689841952680.png

Can you click on View and send the screenshot?

AML968

IMG-3481.jpg

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@AML968 [Updated] I took a look at your profile and the message you received. I am going to have to say, I have yet to see a set up like your company's. You have an assigned Expense Report approver. However, your company has a check box field on the Employee Profile screen (you don't have access to this) that is labeled No Manager Assigned. See screenshot. Your company has set up a rule that if this box is checked, you cannot submit an expense report. I honestly have to say, that I think this was just a small oversight on someone's part. I'm sending you a private message with three names of people at your company you can contact.

Forgot to include the screenshot. 

KevinD_0-1689957018456.png

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
AML968

Here's the alert response that was sent

Mulan
SAP Concur Employee
SAP Concur Employee

Based on my experience, you might want to contact your company's HR or accounting department to fix this when this is not within SAP Concur's scope to resolve. Depending on the process of your company to manage the approver's changes, this might be an automatic process from HR system integration with SAP Concur or a manual update by your company internal team, who owns this process. Hope it helps. Thank you. 

AML968

Thank you