Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dworth
Routine Member - Level 1

Non-Staff reimbursement

Hi,

How does everyone reimburse Non-Staff?

Right now, I can think of 3 potential ways:

1. Set up Non-Staff in Concur and give them access to the system.

2. Set up a template that is given to Non-Staff and have them complete it and send to invoices@concur.com. This template would limit their options and allow for OCR pick up of the data.

3. Third party solutions? Is there some sort of API or web service that would allow Non-Staff to enter in their reimbursements?

Thank you for your input!!

Darryl

Darryl Worth
American Society of Hematology
11 REPLIES 11
dworth
Routine Member - Level 1

I cannot tell if people have read this....  Bump...   Smiley Happy

Any input would be great!!

Darryl Worth
SusanT
Super User
Super User

Hi Darryl,

We are exploring this type of reimbursement as well. We were directed to Concur's Sponsored Guest feature, which will allow us to create non-employee accounts. We have not implemented yet, but I am also interested in hearing how others address this situation.

arobertson
SAP Concur Employee
SAP Concur Employee

Hi Darryl,

crucial question? How often and to how many individuals do you do reimbursements? If you have a large number, I would totally go down the route of sponsored guest, pretty sure you can set you're own policy up for that as well but I have not used it.

Kind regards,

Angus

Kind regards,

Angus Irvine Robertson

Head of CSI Customer Office, SAP Customer Support & Innovation
mt7602
Occasional Member - Level 3

There are 3 ways to go about reimbursing non-employees.  

1  Accounts Payable.  This can be accomplished through the one-time vendor type. It is a long process and it is prone to human error from both sides. 

2. Sponsor Guest feature in Concur.  You will need to monitor the profile to close it at due time. there are some privacy concerns. 

3.  Expense report mobile app (outside Concur) where the non-employee own the profile and not the company. The app will allow you to enter your reimbursement policy, add audit rules, review the expense report and issue payment.  There is a fee per transaction. 

I hope this helps.

Shari_Fischer
Occasional Member - Level 1

Thank you - this is great information.  Has anyone used option #3?

mt7602
Occasional Member - Level 3

I am looking at Expensify. 

dworth
Routine Member - Level 1

Thank you all for the responses.... seems like my spam filters cut off the Concur Community emails.  😞

How would Expensify replace Concur for Non-staff.  Maybe I am missing something here.

Thanks!!

Darryl Worth
JessicaL
Frequent Member - Level 1

The non-staff reimbursement we handle through Concur is for our recruiting program. We set up a completely different policy and ledger for this. Currently, we are using the recruiting program for US and EMEA. 

We still handle contractors and other non-staff outside of Concur. 

Jessica
Travel and Expense System Administrator
tjbmoreno
Routine Member - Level 2

We do not use Travel - only Expense - so we cannot use Sponsored User.

We pay non- employees using our Accounts Payable.

Terri Moreno
Looking for new opportunities!
Anaren, Inc. - Travel Manager - Syracuse, NY
dworth
Routine Member - Level 1

I just read the Sponsored Guest User pdf file.... it says:

Sponsored guests are non-employees who need to be reimbursed for expenses. Some examples are: Interns, Candidates for Hire, Contractors. Concur's Sponsored Guest feature provides more visibility and control for sponsored guest expense reimbursement.

In addition, it also states:

Clients with Expense integrated with Travel can use Sponsored Guest features in Travel in addition to the features in Expense. Sponsored Guest does not require integration with Travel; however, Travel is required for the sponsored guest travel booking features.

So, this looks promising to me... especially if I can push the creation of sponsored guests to department managers or their designees.  Then I should only have to review, say quarterly to make sure all unused accounts get terminated.

Is my logic sound?

Darryl Worth
tjbmoreno
Routine Member - Level 2

Then I would say, “yes.” As for me, I specifically requested Sponsored Guest when we migrated over to Professional and was told we couldn’t because we didn’t have Travel. We wanted to use it for employee candidates and contractors as well. I’m guessing we were given incorrect information, or perhaps at the time it wasn’t available and that has since changed.

Terri Moreno
Looking for new opportunities!
Anaren, Inc. - Travel Manager - Syracuse, NY