cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
monahana
Occasional Member - Level 3

NextGen Implementation

Hi, we are planning to roll out the new Expense UI in October.  I was wondering if anyone who went through the implementation would share their communications and training plans.  Thank you.

2 Solutions
Solution
Camila_Munoz
Occasional Member - Level 2

We went live on July 1st University wide.

We branded the new interface as "Concur's New Look." This helped us sway the perception that it is just a cosemetic/visual update - nothing "new". We also posted links to the "Why this New UI is Important" Concur video in our Company notes and internal communication. We explained that we need to be comprehensive to people of all abilities and point out the pros. We encourage them to contact us for help and give any suggestions. We choose July 1st because it is the begining of our fiscal year and it is not ideal to introduce change during the academic year.

I also created slides with links to guides and videos. I presented the NextGen Slides to training for Early Adoption (people could sign up to switch early before the hard switch). We went over creating a mock report with common topics. We host #FinancialFridays every Friday and answer questions regarding any business process and best practices.

I can share the material if anyone is interested.

View solution in original post

Solution
monahana

Hi Camila,

Thank you for your reply, this is very helpful.  We just started to create knowledge based articles and training materials.  I'd love to see your material.  My e-mail address is monahana@cdmsmith.com . Thanks again!

View solution in original post

91 REPLIES 91
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

I'm not sure what our customers have done in regards to rolling out the new UI. I first want to be sure you know that it isn't an implementation in the sense of how we here at Concur use the term implementation. The new UI just gets activated. 

Anyway, one suggestion I would make is to have a pilot group turn on the preview of the new UI and test it out so they can provide feedback. This way you can get a sampling of possible issues from a small group, which most likely will be the same issues the rest of your employees would encounter. This way you can have documents created prior to roll out to your entire company. 

I hope this helps.

Kevin

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
monahana

Hi Kevin,

Thank you, I appreciate your reply.  I am aware that it is a matter of activation but it is an entirely new experience (the new UI looks nothing like the old one) so in that sense at least internally it is an implementation for us.  Currently, we turned it on for the Concur Sytem Admin and a few of us who support Concur.  We are practicing/testing it in our test profile so that we are prepared to train and support the pilot group.   Thanks again.  (By the way, your session on Concur reporting at Fusion was superb.  I knew nothing about reports before the session, since then I've been using it on regular basis.  Thank you!)

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

Wow, you attended one of my session. That's great. I'm glad you enjoyed it. I appreciate the compliment. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
monahana

I am sorry for the duplicate reply, I must have pressed Post twice.

Solution
Camila_Munoz

We went live on July 1st University wide.

We branded the new interface as "Concur's New Look." This helped us sway the perception that it is just a cosemetic/visual update - nothing "new". We also posted links to the "Why this New UI is Important" Concur video in our Company notes and internal communication. We explained that we need to be comprehensive to people of all abilities and point out the pros. We encourage them to contact us for help and give any suggestions. We choose July 1st because it is the begining of our fiscal year and it is not ideal to introduce change during the academic year.

I also created slides with links to guides and videos. I presented the NextGen Slides to training for Early Adoption (people could sign up to switch early before the hard switch). We went over creating a mock report with common topics. We host #FinancialFridays every Friday and answer questions regarding any business process and best practices.

I can share the material if anyone is interested.

Solution
monahana

Hi Camila,

Thank you for your reply, this is very helpful.  We just started to create knowledge based articles and training materials.  I'd love to see your material.  My e-mail address is monahana@cdmsmith.com . Thanks again!

lfafard1
Occasional Member - Level 1

Can you share this training material with me as well. My email is lisa.fafard@caes. com. We are planning on rolling out NextGen UI October 2022

jtan557

hi @Camila_Munoz 

please could you share your materials with me pls? i am the new concur admin for my company and i would appreciate your help 🙂

jtan557

@Camila_Munoz  my email address is jtan557@aucklanduni.ac.nz

thank you

Camila_Munoz

Sent!

afritz

Would you mind sending this to me as well?  afritz@justborn.com

aayushi26

@Camila_Munoz  It would be really great and helpful if you can share the KA material with me.

Thank you in advance. My ID is aayushikumat@gmail.com

ConradHernandez

Hello, we will very much appreciate you sharing your training materials for Concur's New Look (Next Gen Implementation).  My email address is chernandez@medline.com

Best regards

Thammacher

Hi!  I'd certainly appreciate if you could share the material you used for training purposes.

Thanks very much!

Thammacher

email is tjhammacher@sbgtv.com

ShawnS

Camila_Munoz  Thank you for sharing your rollout of NextGen. I really like your approach on tools and communication to your group. We have nearly 1000 users and I would be very interested in viewing any materials that you created as I embark on this adventure. 

cmunoz

Hi Shawn,

Please send me your email and I'll forward you the information. 

ShawnS

sstrickland@cascade-env.com

ShawnS

sstrickland@cascade-env.com

mbliss

@cmunoz @Camila_Munoz  I really like your approach that you mentioned and would be very interested in seeing this. Could you please share your materials with me as well?

Matthew.Bliss@barrick.com